Alcatel Mobile has joined in the fun at IFA 2017, launching three new smartphones in two of its series at the event in Berlin, namely the Alcatel A7, A7 XL (A7 Plus) and Idol 5. The Alcatel A7 is a mid-range smartphone with some of its specifications similar to that of its bigger variant, the A7 XL.
Alcatel A7 Review
The Alcatel A7 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with some customisations done on the UI by the company as it doesn’t have a custom Android UI for its smartphones yet.
Design & Display
The Alcatel A7 has a metal body design and a 5.5-inch display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. It is almost 9mm thick, thanks to its large battery capacity.
Memory & Performance
The smartphone is powered by an octa-core processor with a clock speed of 1.5GHz. It has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The A7 sports a 16MP camera with a dual-tone LED flash at the rear, and an 8MP camera with a LED flash at the front to take selfies.
The smartphone packs a 4000mAh battery which would last the user for more than a day, even on heavy usage. A problem with large batteries like this is that, even though they take time to drain, they also take time to charge. Alcatel has fixed this in the A7 with a fast charging technology which makes sure that the smartphone gets a full charge in no time.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Alcatel A7 offers advanced security features with a fingerprint sensor positioned below its LED flash at the rear. The smartphone comes with SIM slots supporting 4G VoLTE network connectivity, and offers other connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and NFC.
Alcatel A7 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a.
- SIM Count: n/a
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 152.7 * 76.5 * 8.95 mm.
- Weight: n/a
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: n/a
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: n/a
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: n/a
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: n/a
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: September 4, 2017.
- Availability: Q3 2017.
How much is Alcatel A7?
The Alcatel A7 comes in Black colour and would cost $272 when it becomes available in Europe, Latam, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region later in quarter 3 of 2017.