Alcatel Mobile has launched the Alcatel Pixi 4 (6), a mid-range smartphone in its Pixi 4 series of smartphones, which is a sub-division of the large Alcatel Pixi series of smartphones. The Pixi 4 (6) had been announced at the CES 2016 event alongside some other Pixi devices, and has now been made available to citizens of India.
Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) Review
The Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. Even though we expect new devices that aren’t for the budget market to launch with Android 7.0 Nougat, we must remember that the Pixi 4 (6) was launched back ini 2016.
Design & Display
The Pixi 4 (6) has a 6-inch display size with a pixel resolution of 1280 * 720 (HD). It weighs 186 grammes and is 8.35 mllimetres thick. The smartphone has a metal unibody design similar to smartphones in the Pixi series.
Memory & Performance
The Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) comes with 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 64GB using an external microSD card. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 210 processor with a speed of 1.1GHz.
The smartphone sports an 8MP camera with a LED flash at the rear, and a 5MP camera upfront for shooting selfies.
The Pixi 4 (6) packs a 2580mAh battery which would last you for around 12 hours on average use. The battery cannot be removed as the smartphone has a unibody design.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) comes with a dual micro SIM slot with the first SIM slot supporting 4G LTE networks with the LTE Band 40 and Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) functionality in India. The smartphone packs sensors like the ambient light sensor, compass, accelerometer and a proximity sensor. It’s sad that a fingerprint sensor is missing from this otherwise wonderful device.
Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE 40(2300).
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: n/a.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 165.00 * 83.80 * 8.35 mm.
- Weight: 186g.
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Metallic Gold & Metallic Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 210.
- Processor Speed: 1.1GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: –
- RAM: 1.5GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2580mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 8, 2017.
- Availability: May 8, 2017.
How much is Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) in India?
The Alcatel Pixi 4 (6) comes in Metallic Silver and Metallic Gold colours and will be made available for sale offline through Advanced Computers, an offline distribution company in India. The smartphone’s price details are not known yet.