Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Apple iPhone X with iOS 11 & FaceID facial recognition: Specs & Price
Apple announced the Apple iPhone X at its event in San Fransisco on the 13th of September. The phone, which is pronounced iPhone ten (10), was announced to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, but Apple didn’t skip the next generation of the iPhone; the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus at the event.
The Apple iPhone X is a flagship smartphone with top of the line specs and a design language that’s different from what we’ve known the iPhones for in more ways than one.
Apple iPhone X Review
The Apple iPhone X runs on the latest version of Apple’s operating system for its smartphones, iOS 11 with a lot of new features like Animoji (animated emojis) and more.
Design & Display
The iPhone X has a 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina edge-to-edge display with a Full HD+ (2436 * 1125) pixel density, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1million:1 contrast ratio and 3D Touch. The smartphone has a 458ppi pixel density, the highest ever in an iPhone. The phone weighs 174 grammes and is just 7.7 millimetres thick.
In terms of design, the iPhone 10 has a glass back with Aerospace-grade 7000-series aluminium frame. It has IP67 certifications for dust and water resistance, and has its power button on its right side while its volume buttons and charging ports are located on its left side.
Memory & Performance
This year’s iterations of the iPhone are powered by an Apple A11 Bionic chip with six cores, a three-core GPU and an M11 motion co-processor. The phone comes in 64GB and 128GB internal storage variants, and as you should by now, iPhones don’t allow you to expand memory using external microSD cards.
The smartphone sports a 12MP primary camera with wide-angle f/1.8 lens and 12MP secondary camera with telephoto f/2.4 lens at the rear. The dual cameras have optical zoom, Dual OIS, 4K video recording at 60fps, slow-motion 1080p recording at 240fps, and a Quad-LED True Tone flash to provide lighting.
The phone also features a 7MP camera upfront with a f/2.2 aperture and 1080p video recording for taking selfies. It has a TrueDepth camera with FaceID tech for facial recognition, thereby eliminating the physical home button that used to double as a fingerprint sensor in previous iPhones.
The battery capacity of the iPhone X is not known yet, but we are sure that it’s a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers up to 12 hours of internet use and 21 hours of talk time.It comes with Qi wireless charging which charges the phone up to 50% in just 30 m
It comes with Qi wireless charging which charges the phone up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Connectivity & Hardware
Much is not known on this yet, but as it is with previous iPhones, the iPhone X will come with a single SIM slot and support 4G VoLTE networks. It also offers connectivity options like WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, and GPS with GLONASS.
Apple iPhone X Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM.
- SIM Count: Single SIM.
- OS: iOS 11.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 143.6 * 70.9 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight: 174g.
- Display size: 5.8 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2436 * 1125 pixels (Full HD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~458 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: OLED Super Retina touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Glass back with Aerospace-grade 7000-series aluminium frame.
- Protection: n/a.
- Features: 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical), 625 cd/m2 max brightness, 3D Touch.
- Colours: Silver and Space Gray.
- Processor Name/Technology: A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with M11 motion co-processor.
- Processor Speed: –
- Number of Processor Cores: Six cores.
- Graphics Processor: Three-core GPU.
- RAM: –
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB.
- External Storage: Not expandable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor.
- Lens: 12MP dual wide-angle (f/1.8) + telephoto (f/2.4) cameras.
- LED Flash: Quad-LED True Tone Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K video recording.
- Dual optical image stabilization.
- Optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x.
- Six‑element lens.
- 4K video recording at 60 fps
- Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps.
- Lens: 7MP.
- LED Flash: Retina Flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Stereo speakers.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS with GLONASS.
- USB: iPhone lightning port.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: n/a
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Qi wireless charging and fast charging.
- Extra Features-:
- Launch Date: September 13, 2017.
- Availability: November 3, 2017.
How much is Apple iPhone X?
The base model of the Apple iPhone X, the one with 64GB of internal memory costs $999 while its top-end model with 256GB of internal memor costs $1,149. It comes in Silver and Space Grey colours and will go on pre-order from the 27th of October, after which it will go on sale on the 3rd of November.