Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Apple released the latest version of its operating system for Apple smartwatches, watchOS 4 on the same day it announced the revolutionary iPhone X and the iPhone 8 series, and released iOS 11 for its smart phones and tablets.
Apple watchOS 4 comes with many new and useful features that make the Apple Watch Series 3 a good buy. It has new features like Siri on the home screen, GymKit platform for connecting customers over workouts and cardio equipment, and updates existing features like an enhanced Workout app, and more.
Devices compatible with Apple watchOS 4
The following Apple smartwatches are eligible to receive the software update to watchOS 4:
- Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch 2.
- Apple Watch 3.
In short, all existing and new Apple smartwatches will receive the update to the latest OS. Now, isn’t that wonderful?
Apple watchOS 4 Features
- New Siri face that intelligently updates information based on time of day, location, and daily routines
- New animated Toy Story faces featuring Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie and more
- New Kaleidoscope face that turns static images into symmetrical, intertwining patterns
- New complications for Siri, News, Heart Rate, Now Playing, and Messages
- Intelligent and personalized notifications to help you close your Activity rings each day
- Monthly challenges based on the previous month’s activity levels
- New full-screen animations to celebrate important milestones including earning an achievement and closing your rings
- Replies to activity sharing notifications now include workout metrics
- Redesigned app for quick starts and helpful workout type graphics
- New High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout with custom motion and heart rate algorithms for more accurate calorie tracking
- Support for multiple workout types in one workout session
- Auto sets for Pool Swim workouts with distance for each stroke type and pace for each set, automatically adjusted for rest time
- Ability to automatically start a synced music playlist when you start a workout on Apple Watch Series 1 and later
- Access to music controls directly in the Workout app during a workout session
- Option for Do Not Disturb to be automatically turned on during workouts
- New visual graph showing all-day heart rate
- New heart rate measurements and visual graphs for resting rate (Apple Watch Series 1 and later), walking average, workout average and high, recovery time, and sessions in the Breathe app
- Option to be notified if your heart rate rises above a specified threshold while you appeared to be inactive for a 10-minute period
- Current and historical details of heart rate data in the Health app on iPhone, including new Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and VO2 Max data types
- Redesigned app for easy scrolling through album art
- Ability to sync multiple playlists for local playback with Bluetooth headphones
- Automatically sync curated playlists from Apple Music including Heavy Rotation, My New Music Mix, and My Favorites Mix
Other features and improvements
- News app with summaries of Top Stories and save for later to read on iPhone
- Flashlight and Safety Light in Control Center
- Vertical scrolling through recently used apps in the Dock
- App home screen available in an alphabetical list view
- Mail compose and swipe gestures
- Dialer pad in the Phone app
- Conflicts displayed in Calendar invites
- Scribble support for German
- Sub-minute and repeating timers
- Suggested and recent locations in Maps
- Contacts and locations in smart replies.