It is no longer new that the era we are currently living in is the era of “selfies”; where people, particularly smartphone users are more actively capturing every moment of their lives everyday. The snowballing number of social media platforms have also increased the importance of the selfie camera.
It is in this light that Asus introduced the Zenfone 4 Selfie smartphone to cater for people’s essential selfie needs. Let’s look at some features of the Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie under these headers.
Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Review
Design and Display
The Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie has a sleek and compact aluminium metal body. The device is light and great to hold in the hands as it comes with a dimension of 155.7 x 75.9 x 7.9 mm (length, width and thickness respectively) and weighs only 144 grams.
The Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie has a 5.5-inch HD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The display has a 267ppi pixel density to help display sharp images either when pictures are taken or when playing games, reading or handling any operations on the device
The device is available in four colours; Black, Mint Green, Rose Gold, and Champagne Gold.
Below the display, there is a home button flanked to the left and right by two other soft navigation keys. The home button doubles as the fingerprint sensor for device unlock and other functions.
Performance and Memory
The Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie is powered by an Octa-core 1.4GHz Snapdragon 430 64-bit processor and Adreno 505 GPU is put in charge of handling graphics. Though not the best of processor chips, it will still handle basic device functioning like gaming and multitasking pretty well. Besides, the device is selfie-focused.
The device comes with huge 4GB of RAM for the smooth running of multiple applications without any hitch or lag. The inherent storage space is 64GB and there is a dedicated slot for expanding the storage to up to 256GB.
The Zenfone 4 Selfie runs on ASUS’ native ZenUI which is based on Google’s Android v7.0 Nougat operating system.
From the name, it can be realized that the Zenfone 4 Selfie is a smartphone specifically engineered to provide the best of selfie photos. And to do this, it must have high-quality front camera(s).
At the top left corner of the Zenfone 4 Selfie, there is a primary 20-megapixels lens and at the top right, a secondary 8-megapixel lens. That is two high-quality sensors on the front the sole purpose of capturing selfies. Isn’t that amazing? Now you have the perfect device just to take selfies for your social media platforms.
On the rear, there is a single camera which has a quality of 16 Megapixels.
Asides having amazing cameras, the ASUS Zenfone 4 Selfie has a decent power pack to back it up and keep the device running. The device comes with a 3,000 mAh Lithium Ion battery. More battery juice, more selfies!
Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: ZenUI
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155.7 mm x 75.9 mm x 7.9 mm.
- Weight: 144 grams.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~267 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Mint Green
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Qualcomm Adreno 505
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Panorama, Self-timer, Continuous shooting, Autofocus, HDR, Face Detection
- Lens: Dual 20MP + 8MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3,000 mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: August, 2017.
- Availability: August 2017.
How much is the Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie?
For only $335, you can purchase a unit of the Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie smartphone.