Given the constant snowballing prices of smartphones to the level of exorbitancy, one would be forced to think that smartphones are made for the rich who have the financial strength to own one. Well, they might be, but the average person is entitled to a good, decent and affordable smartphone. That’s where the Blackview A10 comes in, offering the basic functionalities of a smartphone and some premium ones at a price that makes it a steal.
Let’s see what the device is made of.
Blackview A10 Review
Design & Display
Released to the public in October 2017, the Blackview A10 wowed with the ceramic body material it came in. No one really did see that coming. We have seen premium smartphones from top brands like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 , come in curved ceramic body but a budget phone like the Blackview A10 coming with such is a laudable feat. However, you may want to consider using a phone case on the device due to the increased level of fragility.
The device is available in three colour options – Black, Silver & White and they all sport a 5.0 inches HD display with a 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Blackview A10 runs on the 7th version of the Google-owned operating system – the Android v7.0 Nougat OS.
Performance and Memory
Being an entry-level smartphone, Blackview uses a low-end MediaTek MT6580 Quad-core processor which has a speed of 1.3GHz. Irrespective, the SoC and 2GB RAM combination should get whatever work you wish to do on the Blackview A10 done smoothly and without lag.
To keep files, information, app data, multimedia and more, there is a built-in 16GB of storage space. There is also a dedicated SD card slot to expand the storage up to 32GB.
Camera & Battery
The Blackview A10 comes with a single camera on the rear, and one on the front. The rear camera comes with a LED flash and the quality is pegged at 5 Megapixels. On the opposite (front) side of the device, a 2 Megapixels camera is embedded for selfies, video calls and other secondary camera purposes.
The device is powered by a 2,800 removable Lithium Ion battery and supports 2G and 3G WCDMA connections only.
Blackview A10 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: –
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Modified Android.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: N/A.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Ceramic.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black, Silver and White
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6580
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 4 (Quad-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali 400
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 32GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 5MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 720p@30fps.
- Properties: Optical zoom, Panorama, Self-timer, Touch focus, White balance, CMOS Sensor
- Lens: 2MP.
- LED Flash: Not available
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2,800mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? yes
- Fast Charging: Not supported.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 2017.
- Availability: October 2017.
How much is the Blackview A10 smartphone?
The Blackview A10 launched at a price of $74.99.