If you want a budget smartphone that packs enough features for your daily need, then get the new Blu R1 Plus smartphone. Why? you ask; well, if a new phone shipping with Marshmallow doesn’t put you off, then consider the fact that it ships in two versions, 16GB internal storage with 2 GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with 3GB RAM, yes, they had you in mind but wait there’s more; it also comes with a 5.5-inch display.
The BLU R1 Plus has an adequate HD display with metal finishing and long battery life at an incredibly affordable price, coupled with 4G LTE. It lasts almost two days on battery and is an improvement on the exclusive BLU R1 HD released last year exclusively on Amazon. This article highlights the feature of the BLU R1 Plus Smartphone.
BLU R1 Plus Review
The BLU R1 Plus runs on a quad-core MediaTek 6737 chipset clocked at 1.3 GHz and 2 GB RAM, it runs on Android 6.0 MarshMallow with 16GB internal storage which is expandable to 32 GB via a microSD card.
Design & Display
The BLU R1 Plus is measured to be 153.00 (height) x 76.60 (width) x 10.50 (thickness) giving it good grip and weights about 190.00 grammes. It has a screen size of 5.50 inches with a touchscreen display.
Memory & Performance
The BLU R1 Plus has a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, with 2GB of RAM and internal storage of 16GB that is extendable to 32GB.
The BLU R1 Plus has a front camera of 8 megapixels for selfies and Wefie and a Rear Camera of 13 megapixels with LED Flash
Probably the most important perk of the BLU R1 Plus, the smartphone packs a 4000mAh non-removable battery, sorry battery removers, you won’t be able to change/remove this one, but it’s actually worth it given you get to charge your phone ones and use if for days.
Connectivity & Hardware
The BLU R1 Plus comes with a Dual Sim slot that both supports GSM/CDMA, 3G and 4G LTE network connectivity.
BLU R1 Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850).
- SIM Type: Dual Standby Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 6.0 MarshMallow.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 153.00 * 76.60 * 10.50.
- Weight: 190g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~294 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek 6737.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: No.
- Properties: f/2.0 apertures, PDAF,
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: N/A.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Yes.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: Micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Extra Features: N/A.
- Launch Date: April 2017.
- Availability: April 2017.
How much is BLU R1 Plus in Nigeria?
The BLU R1 Pro comes in two variant as we already measured, the 3GB variant costs $160 while the 2GB model only costs about $140 as listed on Amazon Website.