Bluboo S8 Specifications Review and Where to buy at the Best Price
Like Blackview and MEIIGOO that replicated the design and concept of the Samsung Galaxy S8 on their Blackview S8 and MEIIGOO S8 respectively, another Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Bluboo have done the same with one of their device.
Bluboo is following in the footsteps of Samsung and this has prompted them to produce the Bluboo S8 smartphone. The idea behind the Bluboo S8 is actually brilliant as it was made for those who are on the lookout for cheaper alternative to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Let’s see the specifications of this device under the headers below.
Design and Display
The Bluboo S8 smartphone comes in glossy all-metal covering on the rear and a curved glass screen on the front. The device is available in 3 colour variants for buyers to choose from. The colours include Black, Blue and Gold.
The rectangular fingerprint sensor is found on the rear of the device beneath the dual camera. The volume adjustment keys are on the left side of the device while the power button, which is also the lock button is the lone key on the right.
On paper, the Bluboo S8 has an 83.8% screen-to-body ratio. The screen is an HD+ display (with 720 x 1440 pixels resolution) and is sized 5.7 inches. The display is the perfect size for watching movies, reading eBooks and for enjoying playing games too.
Performance and Memory
The Bluboo S8 has MediaTek’s MT6750T SoC under the hood and comes with 8 Cortex-A53 cores (Octa cores). Four of the cores run at a clock speed of 1.5GHz while the other four run at 1.0GHz.
Per storage, the device has impressive capacities. The Bluboo S8 has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of built-in memory. Thr device however permits storage expansion via the SD card slot to a maximum of 256GB.
The Bluboo S8 runs the Android Nougat operating system (version 7.0). The Android OS is based on Bluboo’s native 360 OS interface.
Bluboo worked pretty good on the optics of the S8. The device has a total of three cameras; two on the rear and one on the front.
The sensors on the rear are a primary 16-megapixels lens and a secondary 3-megapixels lens, both manufactured by SONY. Flanked to the left side of the rear cameras are two (dual) LED flashlight for proper subject brightening during image capture.
The front camera is an 8-megapixels lens which also enjoys the support of a LED flash for capturing of Bright and clear selfies.
The Bluboo S8 has a decent battery capacity of 3,450mAh which is said to have a standard talk time of 36 hours. The usage time of the battery could be longer, or shorter depending on the intensity of usage.
Bluboo S8 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: 360 OS
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 149.5 mm x 70.6 mm x 8.4 mm.
- Weight: 207 grams.
- Display size: 5.7 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 720 pixels (HD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~283 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black, Blue and Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek 6750T
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali T860
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor,
- Lens: Dual 16MP + 3MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: HDR, Geotagging, Touch Focus, Panorama, Self-timer, Continuous shooting, Autofocus
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3450mAh.
- Battery Technology: Lithium Polymer.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: June 2017.
- Availability: August 2017.
How much is the Bluboo S8?
For as low as $119.99, you can own a unit of the Bluboo S8.