CAT Phones is a company that is known for producing rugged phones, and the company used the IFA 2017 event platform to announce two new rugged smartphones, the Cat S31 and S41. The company also introduced its first rugged tablet, the CAT Caterpillar T20 at the event.
The Caterpillar T20 runs on Windows 10 and is made for those who work in rough conditions or carry out dangerous tasks and need a durable device with the functionalities provided by modern smart gadgets.
Caterpillar T20 Review
The CAT Caterpillar T20 runs on Windows 10 Home operating system out of the box, which makes sense as the tablet is targeted towards those who work in industries and need the full productivity features offered by the Windows OS.
Design & Display
The tablet comes with a 8-inch display which has an HD (1200 * 800) pixel resolution and is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. The display can be operated even with wet fingers and gloved hands.
The device is 14 mm thick and weighs a hefty 650 grammes. It has a design typical of rugged devices, and has IP67 certification which makes it waterproof (you can dip it in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes) and drop-resistant (can be dropped from a height of 1.8m without any damage).
Memory & Performance
The Caterpillar T20 is powered by an Intel Atom Z8350 processor which has four cores and can operate at a speed as high as 1.44GHz. It has 2GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
A 5MP camera is present at the rear of the tablet while selfie photography is handled by a 2MP camera at the front.
The T20 packs a 7500mAh battery which can take the user through more than two days of usage before needing a recharge.
The tablet offers various connectivity options like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, and GPS. It has a USB 3.0 port which aids in fast charging, and a Mini-HDMI for added functionalities.
Caterpillar T20 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE Yes, LTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: N/A
- SIM Count: n/a
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
- User Interface: n/a
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 220 * 143 * 14mm.
- Weight: 650g.
- Display size: 8 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1200 * 800 (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~294 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass protection, auto wet finger and glove support.
- Colours: –
- Processor Name/Technology: Intel Atom Z8350.
- Processor Speed: 1.44GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-Core.
- Graphics Processor: –
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: Not expandable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: Yes.
- Lens: 2MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: –
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes
- USB: v3.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Extras: Mini-HDMI.
- Battery Capacity: 7500mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: September 4, 2017.
- Availability: TBA.
How much is CAT Caterpillar T20?
The CAT Caterpillar T20 will be priced at 649 Euros and would be available at a date that will be announced later by the company.