Physiotherapy endeavors to address the sicknesses, or wounds that limit an individual’s capacities to move and perform useful exercises in their day by day lives.
Physiotherapists utilize a person’s history and physical assessment to land at a determination and set up a management plan and, when essential, incorporate the consequences of the research center and imaging studies like X-rays, CT-scan, or MRI findings.
Physiotherapy rehabilitation can assist patients with a broad range of health issues. A large part of the population suffers from common ailments that can interfere with their quality of life including:
- Lung diseases
- The challenges following stroke
- The effects of heart disease
- Chronic breathing problems
- Lower back pain
- Musculoskeletal disorders
Physiotherapists offer a diverse variety of treatments that can address many medical issues that affect people of all ages. This includes:
- Orthopaedics focused on disorders of the skeletal system, muscles, joints and ligaments
- Neurology to help restore motor function
- Palliative care for patients with cancer and other non-malignant diseases
- Sports rehabilitation for injury recovery, preventive care and treatments to improve performance
- Cardio-respiratory treatments to help prevent and rehabilitate diseases and injuries in the heart and lungs
- Geriatrics to assist senior patients with conditions such as osteoporosis, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and joint and hip replacement recovery
- Pediatrics for children with neurological and growth-related conditions
There are many treatment techniques available from futuristic developments in areas such as rehab robotics and gamified rehab to appliances and wearables used to educate, monitor and time patients.
Water-based therapy provides a low impact option for rehabilitation exercise, while light therapy can improve results using technology such as LLT, LED and ultrasound.
Finding the right physiotherapy clinic will help ensure you see the desired results, quickly. Some features that make a clinic more appealing can include:
- Convenient hours: Busy schedules of today’s patients require flexible clinic hours so treatments can be completed efficiently.
- Private treatment rooms: This provides privacy to discuss your concerns and also undergo your treatment.
- Registered physiotherapists: Your treatment must be provided by licensed medical professionals.
- Ethical billing: Your physiotherapist should offer treatment based on a scheduled treatment plan specific to your needs and condition.
Cindy Williams is a blogger in Toronto. She is currently working as an outreach coordinator for Physio Now . She graduated with honors from the University of British Columbia with a dual degree in Business Administration and Creative Writing.