Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
The Gionee M6S Plus packs a 6020mAh battery & 6GB of RAM
After some teasing, Gionee has announced its latest smartphone in the Gionee M series the Gionee M6S Plus. The smartphone is focused on security as it comes with a chip that requires double biometric verification. Privacy freaks are surely gonna love this phone.
The M6S Plus also upholds the standards of the Gionee M series; it packs a large battery capacity with fast charging and high-end internals to go with it.
Gionee M6S Plus Review
The Gionee M6S Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. Disappointing, huh? For a smartphone of this calibre, I was expecting it to run on the latest Android version, Android Nougat, but I hope whatever reasons the company has for doing this, it’s a good one.
What I expect to happen is that the smartphone would get an update to Nougat at a later date. At least it has the Amigo OS 3.5 custom user interface.
Design & Display
The Gionee M6S Plus comes in the phablet section with a 6-inch 2.5D curved glass-covered display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and AMOLED display technology. The smartphone uses a physical home button in which its fingerprint sensor is embedded, though you’d initially think it’s in the company logo at the rear. The home button is flanked on either side by capacitive navigation buttons.
Memory & Performance
The M6S Plus is powered under the hood by an octa-core Snapdragon 653 processor with a clock speed of 1.95GHz and an Adreno 510 GPU. It has 6GB of LPDDR3 RAM and comes in 64GB and 256GB ROM variants, both of which can be further expanded up to 256GB using a microSD card.
The phone sports a 12MP camera with a f/1.9 aperture and a dual-tone LED flash at the rear, while its front top bezel houses an 8MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture for taking selfies.
The Gionee M6S packs a mammoth 6020mAh battery capacity which is sure to last you more than 48 hours, even on heavy use. On top of that, it comes with fast charging which helps you to get the phone up and running in a short time after the battery has been drained.
Connectivity & Hardware
The phone comes with a dual SIM slot which has support for 4G Voice-over-LTE connections. It has USB OTG for fast file transfers and reverse charging which allows you to share of the excess battery juice at your disposal with other smartphones.
On the hardware side, the M6S Plus has an encrypted chip which helps to secure a user’s data, calls and SMS (for those in China). This, combined with its EAL4+ security certification which offers two-level fingerprint encryption makes sure your privacy is well catered for.
Gionee M6S Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE woth VoLTE.
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: Amigo OS 3.5
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 163.3 * 80.9 * 8.25 mm.
- Weight: 215g.
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Ink Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 653.
- Processor Speed: 1.95GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 510.
- RAM: 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB/256GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, Fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Lens: 12MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm Pixel size.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm Pixel size.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 6020mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: Dual charging chip, Encrypted chip, EAL4+ security certification with two-level fingerprint encryption.
- Launch Date: April 24, 2017.
- Availability: May 2017.
How much is Gionee M6S Plus in China & Nigeria?
The 64GB internal memory variant of the Gionee M6S Plus will be sold for 3499 Yuan and the 256GB internal storage variant for 4299 Yuan in China when they are rolled out for sale in May. The phone is already available for pre-order in China here.