Gionee has launched the Gionee M7 Power, a high-end smartphone for the global market at the Thailand Mobile Expo 2017 event. This is coming barely a week after the company introduced the smartphone in China with the moniker Big Gold Steel 2.
Gionee M7 Power Review
Software & Camera
The M7 Power runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with version 5.0 of Gionee’s custom user interface for its smartphones, Amigo OS layered on top.
It sports a 13MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and PDAF at the rear with a LED flash which provides adequate lighting. There’s also an 8MP camera at the front for taking selfies.
Design & Display
The smartphone comes with a 6-inch FullView display with an HD+ (1440 * 720) pixel resolution and 2.5D curved glass. It follows recent bezel-less design trends with an 18:9 aspect ratio and almost extinct bezels on the side.
The smartphone offers sharp colours and picture representation on the screen with an 85% NTSC colour gamut and 500 Nits brightness. It weighs 187g and is 8.6mm thick. The phone has a high-grade 6-series aluminium back shell with laser-engraved and laser-drilled finish, complete with a fingerprint sensor.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Gionee M7 Power is powered by the mid-range Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform Processor with eight processor cores and a maximum speed of 1.4GHz. An Adreno 505 GPU handles its graphics processes.
The smartphone comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD.
Battery & Connectivity
Like previous smartphones from the company with Power in their names, the Gionee M7 Power packs a large battery, this time with a 5000mAh capacity. It also has fast charging to eliminate the problem of extended charging time common with such large batteries.
The phone comes with a hybrid dual Nano SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE. It has WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth version 4.2 and GPS for location tracking.
Gionee M7 Power Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Amigo OS 5.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 156.3 * 75.6 * 8.6 mm.
- Weight: 187g.
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 720 pixels (HD+).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: FullView touchscreen display.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: High-grade 6-series aluminium back with laser-engraved & laser-drilled finish.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Features: 85% NTSC colour gamut, 18:9 aspect ratio & 500 Nits brightness.
- Colours: Gold, Dark Blue & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- Flash: Yes, LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 5000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: September 28, 2017.
- Availability: To Be Announced.
How much is Gionee M7 Power?
The Gionee M7 Power costs $299 and will be made available in Gold colour (with laser-engraved finish) and Black & Dark Blue colours (with laser-drilled finish) colour variants.
The smartphone would be made available in Thailand first, after it will roll out to other select global markets.