Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Gionee M7 with dual rear cameras & Helio P30 processor: Specs & Price
Along with the Big Gold Steel 2 (M7 Power) that was recently launched for global markets, Gionee announced a new high-end smartphone, the Gionee M7 in its Gionee M series of smartphones in China earlier in the week.
The M7 is currently the most specced member of its series, featuring an exquisite design and powerful internal specs.
Gionee M7 Review
Software & Camera
Like its counterpart, the Gionee M7 runs on Amigo OS 5.0 which is built on version 7.1.1 (Nougat) of the Android operating system. The smartphone sports an 8MP selfie camera at the front.
The M7 features a dual camera setup with a 16MP primary lens which uses 6P lens and has a f/1.8 aperture, and an 8MP secondary camera for capturing depth of field of images at the rear together with a LED flash.
Design & Display
The smartphone has a metal unibody design which follows recent design trends. It has a 6.01-inch Full screen (FullView) AMOLED display which has a 2160 * 1080 (Full HD+) pixel resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio and is covered with 2.5D curved glass.
The smartphone weighs 180 grammes and is 7.2mm thick. In terms of hardware, the Gionee M7 has dual EAL6-certified security chips and a built-in security encryption chip for…well, security purposes.
Memory & Performance
The Gionee M7 is powered under the hood by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P30 16nm processor with a 2.3HGz clock speed and a Mali-G71 MP2 GPU handling its graphics processes.
The smartphone comes with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB using an external microSD card.
Battery & Connectivity
A 4000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging is packed into the M7 to provide continuous running juice. The phone comes with hybrid dual Nano SIM slots with support for 4G VoLTE and other connectivity options like FM Radio, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, and NFC for secure mobile payments.
Gionee M7 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Amigo OS 5.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 157 * 76 * 7.2 mm.
- Weight: 180g.
- Display size: 6.01 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2160 * 1080 pixels (Full HD+).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: FullView AMOLED touchscreen display.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal unibody design.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Features: 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Colours: Sapphire Blue, Star Blue, Maple Red, Champagne Gold & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P30 16nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G71 MP2.
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP+8MP dual cameras.
- Flash: Yes, LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- f/1.8 aperture.
- 6P lens.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes,with GLONSDD.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: Dual security chips (EAL6 certified) & built-in security encryption chip.
- Lauch Date: September 25, 2017.
- Availability: September 24, 2017.
How much is Gionee M7?
The Gionee M7 costs 2799 Yuan and is available in Sapphire Blue, Start Blue, Maple Red and Champagne Gold. It’s already available in India and would be launched in India at the end of the mongth.