Huawei’s Honor brand has released a new smartphone, the Honor 6C Pro in its Honor 6 series that was updated not too long ago (in April) with its predecessor, the Honor 6C. From the specifications we have about the smartphone, the Honor 6C Pro is simply another version of the Honor V9 Play which was launched in China in September, re-branded for the European market.
Honor 6C Pro Review
Out of the box, the Huawei Honor 6C Pro runs on version 5.1 of Huawei’s EMUI which is based on version 7.0 (Nougat) of the Android operating system.
Design & Display
The 6C Pro comes with a 5.2-inch display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass and has an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution. It weighs 145 grammes and is just 7.65 millimetres thick.
The smartphone has a metal unibody design and uses on-screen keys for navigation. A fingerprint sensor is present at its rear below its main camera module for advanced security.
Memory & Performance
The Honor 6C Pro is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor which is clocked at 1.5GHz and runs on the 64-bit architecture, while its graphics processes are handled by a Mali T860 GPU.
The smartphone comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
A 13MP camera sits at the rear of the 6C Pro flanked on the left by a LED Flash for lighting. The camera’s properties include Phase Detection Autofocus, a f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size and 5P lens.
An 8MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture is also present at the front of the smartphone for taking selfie photos.
Battery & Connectivity
The Honor 6C Pro packs a 3000mAh battery and comes with a hybrid dual Nano SIM slot which can be used to access 4G VoLTE networks. Its other connectivity options include WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, and GPS.
Honor 6C Pro Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: EMUI 5.1.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 147.9 * 73.2 * 7.65 mm.
- Weight: 145g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~294 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Colours: Black, Gold and Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 3GB .
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/2.0 aperture
- 1.12um pixel size
- 5P lens.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 13, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is Honor 6C Pro?
The Honor 6C Pro will be available soon in European markets with France getting the first glimpse at the smartphone. When it becomes available, it will be sold for 179 Euros.