Honor, a brand under the Huawei franchise has launched a new smartphone, the Honor 9i in India. The 9i comes in its mid-range series of smartphones, and its defining feature is the dual rear camera setup present on both its rear and front.
The smartphone has an interesting history. It was recently introduced in China as the Huawei Maimang 6, and also as the Nova 2i in Malaysia.
Honor 9i Review
The Honor 9i runs on version 5.1 of Huawei’s custom user interface for its Android smartphones, EMUI which is in based on version 7.0 Nougat of the Android operating system.
Design & Display
The smartphone comes in the phablet section with a 5.9-inch which is covered with 2.5D curved glass and has a Full HD+ (2160 * 1080) pixel resolution. It has an 18:9 aspect ratio and its bezels are almost non-existent.
The 9i has a metal unibody design with antenna lines running horizontally through its back at the top. It uses on-screen navigation buttons, weighs 164 grammes and is just 7.5 millimetres.
Memory & Performance
The phone is powered by an octa-core Kirin 659 processor with a clock speed of 2.36GHz, and its graphics are processed by a Mali-T830 MP2 GPU.
The phone has 4GB of RAM for multi-tasking and 64GB of internal memory for storing files and installing apps, and it comes with a hybrid microSD slot for expanding the internal memory up to 256GB.
There are four cameras on the Honor 9i; two on the rear for main photography and two on the front bezel for selfie photography. The rear consists of a 16MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera with a dual-tone LED flash for adequate lighting.
The front also consists of a 13MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera with a soft LED flash.
Battery & Connectivity
The Honor 9i packs a 3340mAh battery that can last for a whole day, even on heavy usage. It comes with a hybrid dual Nano SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE networks. There is a fingerprint sensor present below the rear camera module for security functions.
Honor 9i Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: EMUI 5.1.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 156.2 * 75.2 * 7.5 mm.
- Weight: 164g.
- Display size: 5.9 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2160 * 1080 (Full HD+).
- Pixel resolution: n/a.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design, 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Graphite Black and Prestige Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Kirin 659 processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.36GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T830 MP2.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB internal memory.
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP primary camera + 2MP secondary camera.
- LED Flash: dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: –
- Lens: 13MP primary camera + 2MP secondary camera.
- LED Flash: soft LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS / GLONASS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3340mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 5, 2017.
- Availability: October 14, 2017.
How much is Honor 9i?
The Honor 9i costsRs. 17,999 and will be available on Flipkart from the 14th of October.