Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
HTC U11 Plus coming in new ‘U Series’ with 4000mAh battery & Android 8.0 Oreo
HTC has revealed its plans to out a new sub-series in its HTC U series of mid-range and high-end smartphones, and the specifications of two of the phones coming in the new series, the HTC U11 Plus and U11 Life have come out along with images of the smartphones.
An image of the U11 Life with its detailed specifications came out some time ago, and now China’s certification site, TENAA has listed the HTC U11 Plus with its images and specifications. Here is what to expect in the upcoming plus-sized device from HTC.
HTC U11 Plus Review
The HTC U11 Plus runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, offering the latest software features and customisations available on the operating system from Google.
Design & Display
Like most high-end smartphones launched this year, the U11 Plus has an 18:9 aspect ratio, becoming the first smartphone from HTC to have such a high aspect ratio. It comes in the phablet section with a 6-inch display which is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and has a Quad HD+ (2880 * 1440) pixel resolution.
The smartphone has an IP67 certification for water resistance, and is expected to use on-screen buttons for navigation.
Memory & Performance
The HTC U11 Plus is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor clocked at 2.45GHz, with an Adreno 540 GPU firing up its graphics.
The phone comes in 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage and 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage variants, both with an microSD card slot that can take SD cards with a size up to 2 Terabytes.
The HTC U11 Plus sports a 12MP camera with 4K video recording and a dual LED flash at the rear, and an 8MP camera is available at the front for taking selfies.
Battery & Connectivity
The HTC U11 Plus packs a 4000mAh battery with version 3.0 of Qualcomm’s Quick Charge fast-charging tech. It comes with dual SIM slots and supports 4G VoLTE networks.
The smartphone allows for fast wireless connections with Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 5.0, and comes with a USB Type-C port which aids fast device-to-device data transfer. It also has NFC and GPS with GLONASS for location tracking.
HTC U11 Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a.
- SIM Count: Dual.
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo).
- User Interface: n/a.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2880 * 1440 pixels (Quad HD+).
- Pixel resolution: n/a.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Colours: Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform.
- Processor Speed: 2.45 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540.
- RAM: 6GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 128GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 2TB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 12MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual LED Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Properties: –
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Quick Charge 3.0.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 2, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is HTC U11 Plus?
The HTC U11 Plus is expected to come in various colour versions including Black, and will be launched at an HTC event on the 2nd of November.