Huawei launched the Y6 Pro, a budget smartphone with 2GB of RAM early in 2016, and now the company has launched the 2017 version of the smartphone in the European market. The Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) is also a budget device, but its design and specifications have been improved.
Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) Review
The Y6 Pro runs on an updated Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS out of the box, in contrast to its predecessor which comes running on Lollipop. It has version 5.0 of Huawei’s custom user interface for its Android smartphones, EMUI layered on top, offering customisable features.
Design & Display
Like the Y6 Pro (2016), the smartphone comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD display covered with 2.5D curved glass and HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution. It has a metal aluminium build and comes in Gold and Silver colour options.
It weighs 150 grammes and is 8.05 millimetres thick. It uses on-screen navigation buttons and has its power button and volume rockers on its left side.
Memory & Performance
The Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) is powered by a 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4 GigaHertz, in contrast to the MediaTek processor in its previous iteration. Instead of an ARM GPU, the smartphone’s graphics are handled by an Adreno 308 graphics processor.
It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB with the use of an external microSD card.
The Huawei Y6 Pro sports a 13MP camera with Phase Detection Autofocus and a LED flash at the rear. The camera is capable of recording videos in 720p (HD) resolution at 30 frames per second.
It also sports a 5MP camera upfront for taking selfie photographs.
Battery & Connectivity
The smartphone packs a 3020mAh Lithium-Polymer battery that can last for up to 24 hours on average use. It comes with hybrid dual SIM slots and supports 4G LTE networks. It has common connectivity features like Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and also has Near-field Communication (NFC) technology.
Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: EMUI 5.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 143.5 * 71.0 * 8.05 mm.
- Weight: 150g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: n/a.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Aluminium Design.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Colours: Black, Gold & Silver.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 720p.
- Properties: PDAF.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: n/a.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3020mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: October 14, 2017.
- Availability: October 2017.
How much is Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) in Nigeria?
The Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) costs €179 and is already available in Europe.