Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Infinix S2 launched in Lagos: Full Specs & Price in Nigeria, Kenya & Philippines
About a week ago, we got wind of some information about Infinix Mobility launching a new smartphone, the Infinix S2 Pro in Lagos towards the end of April. The smartphone was finally launched two days ago at an event in Lagos, Nigeria, along with a lower variant, the Infinix S2. We’ve reviewed the S2 Pro in a previous article, and in this article I go through the specifications of the Infinix S2 in detail.
The Infinix S2 has the same design and similar specifications to the S2 Pro, with the difference being in the storage aspect only. If you’re unsure of which to buy between the two smartphones, hang on a bit as I have a comparison of the two smartphones coming up soon.
Infinix S2 Review
The Infinix S2, runs on version 6.0 (Marshmallow) of the Android operating system. This is quite unfortunate, considering that most of the smartphones launched by rival OEMS like Tecno and Innjoo this year come running on the latest version of Android, Nougat. Nevertheless, we’re comforted with version 2.1 of Infinix’s custom UI, XOS Chameleon.
Design & Display
The Infinix S2 comes with the same screen size and technology as its predecessor, the Infinix Hot S, which includes a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and a 282 ppi pixel density. This one is, however protected by Dragontrail glass.
The smartphone has almost the same design as the Hot S, with the rear camera module made bigger and moved below the top antenna (or is it design?) line and the presence of two camera lenses at the front. The smartphone’s edges are also more rounded.
Memory & Performance
The S2 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek 6573 processor and a Mali-T720 MP2 GPU. The phone has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using its hybrid SIM slot.
The smartphone sports a 13MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a dual-tone LED flash at the rear, and two camera lenses with f/2.2 apertures at the front, the first with 13MP and the second with 8MP for capturing wide-angle selfies which are made brighter with a soft flash.
The Infinix S2 packs a non-removable 3000mAh Li-ion battery with fast charge feature which ensures that the phone can last you more than half a day on heavy use and fills up fast enough for you to start using it again.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Infinix S2 sports a fingerprint sensor for securing the phone below the LED flash at the rear of the phone. It has a gyroscope which allows you use VR with it, and comes with a micro-USB v2.0 port which has USB OTG.
Infinix S2 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300).
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Hybrid SIM
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: XOS Chameleon v2.1.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155.5 * 69.78 * 8.9 mm.
- Weight: 165g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~282 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: DragonTrail Glass
- Colours: Gold, Rose Gold & Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek 6573.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720 MP2.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, Autofocus.
- Lens: 13MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes, soft flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, wide-angle lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: April 26, 2017.
- Availability: April 2017.
How much is Infinix S2 in Nigeria, Kenya & Philippines?
The Infinix S2 comes in Gold, Rose Gold and Black colours and costs around N62,000 in Nigeria, Ksh. 15,699 in Kenya and ₱8,990 in Philippines.