Innjoo has announced the Innjoo Fire 4 Plus, its latest smartphone in the Innjoo Fire series. The last smartphone in that series is the Fire 3 Mini; there’s no Innjoo Fire 4, so I’m quite unsure what the Fire 4 Plus is succeeding. Considering the recent trend in the launching of smartphones by OEMs, I expect that the Fire 4 would be announced after the Fire 4 Plus.
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus is a high-end smartphone, the first from Innjoo to come with a dual camera setup. If you think that’s not enough for me to categorise a smartphone as high-end, wait till you go through the review of the Innjoo Fire 4 Plus.
Innjoo Fire 4 Plus Review
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus runs on the latest version of the Android OS, Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It’s quite sad that an OEM such as Innjoo with its large catalogue of smartphones doesn’t yet have a custom UI for its smartphones. We’re going to be getting something close to stock Android on the Fire 4 Plus.
Design & Display
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus features a 5.5-inch IPS display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. The display is covered with 2.5D curved glass which is coated with an anti-fingerprint nanoscale material to ensure that the screen is always glowing. The display also has support for Smart Gesture which allows you to access multiple shortcuts with finger gestures.
The smartphone has a metal unibody design with a curved back and smooth rounded edges.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Fire 4 Plus is powered by a MediaTek MT6750T processor with a clock frequency of 1.5GHz and eight processing cores (octa-core). It comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB using a microSD card.
The rear camera setup on the Fire 4 Plus is something photography geeks should be excited about. The phone sports a 13MP primary camera which uses a Sony IMX258 sensor, and a 5MP secondary camera which uses an OV sensor at the rear. A dual-tone LED flash is sandwiched between both cameras.
With the dual rear camera setup, you can achieve the depth of field (DOF) effect and adjust the aperture of photos from f/1.6 to f/0.6 after capturing them. The rear cameras also have Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) which focuses on images in just 0.05 seconds.
A 5MP camera with a soft flash is present at the front for the selfie lovers.
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus packs a 3000mAh Li-Polymer battery with a standby time of up to 280 hours. The phone comes with a 5V/2A adapter which means you won’t have to wait for eternity for the battery to charge.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus features a USB Type-C port which helps the device charge faster, makes file transfers via USB faster and grants the device USB OTG functionality, allowing you to charge other smartphones with the Fire 4 Plus, amidst many other things.
The phone comes with a Dual Micro SIM slot, both of which support 4G LTE networks. A fingerprint sensor which can unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds is embedded into its physical home button below the display.
Innjoo Fire 4 Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800).
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 154 * 76.4 * 8.0 mm.
- Weight: 185g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750T.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 MP2.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP (Sony IMX258 sensor) + 5MP (OV sensor) Dual Cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, 0.05 seconds-fast PDAF.
- Lens: 5MP.
- Flash: Yes, Soft flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: Night mode.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 2017.
- Availability: May 2017.
How much is Innjoo Fire 4 Plus in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana?
The Innjoo Fire 4 Plus has just been listed on the manufacturer’s website and has not been released for sale yet, so we don’t have its price details. The smartphone comes in Gold colour.
The Fire 4 Plus was announced alongside the Innjoo 4 at the MWC event in Barcelona in February.