Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
How to Install MariaDB 10, 10.1 on Plesk With Centos 7 Server
So today I will be showing you how to install mariaDB 10 or 10.1 on your Plesk panel when using centos 7 server. This tutorial is for a new setup, this way is easier instead of doing an upgrade on a production server.
Centos 7 comes pre-installed with mariaDB 5.5 same as mysql5.5 you will find in almost all shared hosting. For me I like to try the latest software technologies with the improvements they come bundled with.
1. Go here to download your preferred version, or you use mine.
2. Choose either mariaDB 10 or 10.1
3. Add mariaDB repo to the repo list using the below command.
4. Paste the below into the text box, or you can create yours from mariaDB repo page here. I am using 10.1 in this tutorial.
# MariaDB 10.1 CentOS repository list - created 2016-12-19 20:54 UTC # http://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/ [mariadb] name = MariaDB baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.1/centos7-amd64 gpgkey=https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB gpgcheck=1
5. Since we are using nano text editor in commandline, save your work with CTRL X then Y
6. Now Import keys using the below command
sudo rpm --import https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
7. Now install Plesk control panel, using the below command.
wget autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer chmod +x plesk-installer ./plesk-installer
Automatically Plesk will install MariaDB and every other components it requires. Let me in the comment box if you have anything to contribute.