Lenovo recently launched the K8 Plus in the Lenovo K series in India, and the company announced shortly after that it will launch a standard variant of the device with the name Lenovo K8 soon in the country.
The Lenovo K8 will have some of its specifications and its design similar to that of the K8 Plus and K8 Note, its other 2017 counterparts in the series, but things would be watered down in the rear camera department.
Lenovo K8 Expected Specifications
The Lenovo K8 will have the same design language as the K8 Plus, but it will be smaller with a 5.2-inch IPS display which has an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution and is covered with 2.5D curved glass. It would weigh 165 grammes and be 8.55 millimetres thick.
The smartphone would feature a metal unibody design with capacitive navigation buttons on its bottom bezel at the front and a dedicated hardware button that can be used to control the Music player and can be customised to launch any app at its left side.
Under the hood, it will be powered by a Helio P20 prcoessor which runs on the 16nm process and operates with eight cores at a max speed of 2.3GHz. Its graphics would be handled by a Mali T880 MP2 GPU.
The smartphone will have 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable internal storage. It will pack a 4000mAh battery with a 10W fast charger, offering two days of battery life.
The Lenovo K8 will run on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and come with dual SIM slots which support 4G VoLTE. It sports a 13MP camera with PDAF and LED Flash at the rear, while an 8MP camera with LED Flash handles selfie photography at the front. It also features a fingerprint sensor placed on the back panel.
Lenovo K8 Specs
- 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with 2.5D curved glass.
- Dimensions: 147.9 * 73.7 * 8.55 mm.
- Weight: 165g.
- Metal unibody design.
- Fingerprint sensor, Dedicated customisable hardware button for controlling Music player.
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor.
- ARM Mali T880 MP2 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32GB expandable internal memory.
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF & LED flash.
- 8MP front camera with LED flash.
- FM Radio.
- Dolby Atmos & Theatermax audio tech.
- Dual SIM slots.
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG.
- 4000mAh battery with 10W fast charger and 48 hours battery life.
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
Availability of Lenovo K8 in India
The company said that the K8 will be available for purchase from offline stores in India when it is launched soon. It will come in Venom Black and Fine Gold colours.