Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Lenovo K8 Plus with dual rear cameras & 4000mAh battery launched
Lenovo has launched the Lenovo K8 Plus, a mid-ranger with dual rear cameras and impressive specs at an event in India as promised earlier. This is coming less than a month after the company updated the Lenovo K series with the K8 Note. The company also promised to launch the standard variant of the series, the Lenovo K8 in the country soon.
Lenovo K8 Plus Review
The Lenovo K8 Plus runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and can be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo, joining the list of smartphones in line for the update to the latest version of the Android OS.
Design, Display & Hardware
It has a 5.2-inch Full HD display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass and is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It has a maximum brightness level of 450 nits which has been confirmed to perform great outdoors.
The smartphone has a metal unibody design and features a fingerprint sensor below its camera module at the rear. It also comes with a hardware button which is dedicated to doing something different from the normal: playing or pausing the audio player. It can be customised to launch any application of your choice, though.
Memory & Performance
A 2.5GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 16nm processor powers the K8 Plus under the hood while a Mali-T880 GPU takes care of its graphics processing.
The phone comes in 3GB and 4GB RAM variants, both of which can be expanded up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Lenovo K8 Plus features a dual camera setup consisting of a 13MP primary camera with Largan 5P lens and a f/2.0 aperture, and a 5MP secondary camera. The rear is also adorned with a dual-tone LED flash which provides light in dark conditions.
The smartphone also sports an 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens and a LED Flash for taking selfies at the front.
Battery & Connectivity
The K8 Plus packs a 4000mAh built-in battery which contributes to its weight of 165 grammes and its 8.99mm thickness. The battery is capable of taking the user through more than a day before requiring a recharge.
The smartphone comes with dual micro SIM slots and a seperate microSD card slot all arranged on a single SIM tray. It supports 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and USB OTG.
Like many other Lenovo phones, the Lenovo K8 Plus uses Dolby Atmos and Theatermax audio technologies to deliver a superb audio experience to the user.
Lenovo K8 Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradeable to 8.0 Oreo.
- User Interface: n/a
Design & Display
- Dimensions: – 147.9 x 73.7 x 8.99mm.
- Weight: – 165g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: n/a
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Features: 450 nits brightness.
- Colours: Fine Gold and Venom Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek Helio P25 16nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-T880.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB .
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP + 5MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- Largan 5P lens.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes.
- f/2.0 aperture
- 84-degree wide-angle lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Dolby Atmos & Theatermax.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: Dedicated hardware button for Music play and pause and launching apps.
- Launch Date: September 6, 2017.
- Availability: September 7, 2017.
How much is Lenovo K8 Plus in India?
The 3GB RAM variant of the Lenovo K8 Plus will be sold exclusively on Flipkart starting tomorrow for Rs. 10,999 in India. The 4GB RAM variant will be launched later in Diwali, India.
There are several things you get when you order the Lenovo K8 Plus early. These are:
- Buyback Guarantee up to Rs. 5000
- Up to 30GB additional Jio data
- Moto Pulse 2 headphones worth Rs. 1599 at Rs. 599
- 5W Bluetooth speakers worth Rs. 1,899 at Rs. 1,199
- Up to 10,000 off on exchange of old phones
- Extra 15% off during Fashion and Lifestyle sale on Flipkart on Sep 7 & 8.