LG has been involved in the mosquito repellant campaign in India right from the beginning, launching smart TVs with mosquito-repelling features in the country last year. Now, the company has launched a smartphone, the LG K7i with similar features in New Dehli.
The K7i was launched at the India Mobile Congress 2017 event in New Dehli, and the company says it is the first phone in the world with the Mosquito Away Technology that helps to keep mosquitoes away from the users. More on this in the LG K7i review below
LG K7i Review
The LG K7i runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a stock Android flavour. The focus here is on its mosquito-repellant features, so there’s no need to overload the smartphone with un-needed bloatware.
Design & Display
The K7i comes with a 5-inch On-cell Touch IPS display with a 854 * 480 (FWVGA) pixel resolution. The phone weighs 135 grammes and is just 8.1 millimetres thick.
In terms of design, even though it’s a budget device, the LG K7i has a good design. It has a metal aluminium frame and uses on-screen navigation buttons. Its side bezels are slim while the top and bottom bezels are of a moderate size.
The smartphone comes with two back covers; a normal one and another with a Mosquito Away compartment which houses a hardware component that produces Ultrasonic noise that can’t be heard by the human ear but prevents mosquitoes from coming nearer.
The smartphone also features a fingerprint sensor which is placed below the LED flash at the rear.
Memory & Performance
The smartphone is powered by a quad-core processor which can work at a maximum speed of 1.1 GigaHertz. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 32GB using an external microSD card.
2GB of RAM is quite generous on a budget device, but without the right processor architecture and speed to back it up, the user finds himself multi-tasking effectively between individually-lagging applications.
The LG K7i sports a 8MP camera with LED flash at the rear while a 5MP camera handles selfie photography alone at the front.
Battery & Connectivity
The phone supports 4G VoLTE networks and offers connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. It packs a 2500mAh battery that can last up to 12 hours on average use and can be removed and replaced.
LG K7i Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a.
- SIM Count: n/a.
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- User Interface: n/a.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 145.7 * 74.1 * 8.1 mm.
- Weight: 135g.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 854 * 480 pixels (FWVGA).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: On-cell Touch IPS touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Brown.
- Processor Name/Technology: n/a.
- Processor Speed: 1.1GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-Core.
- Graphics Processor: –
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 32GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 8MP.
- Flash: Yes, LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: n/a.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: n/a
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2500mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? Yes.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: Mosquito Away back cover with Ultrasonic noise-production.
- Launch Date: September 27, 2017.
- Availability: September 2017.
How much is LG K7i?
The LG K7i comes in Brown colour and will be sold for Rs. 7,990 when it becomes available in retail stores in India.