Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
LG V30 with Snapdragon 835 processor & dual rear cameras: Full Specs & Price
The IFA 2017 event has started in Berlin, and LG has finally launched its flagship smartphone for the year in the LG V series, the LG V30. The LG V30 is a high-end flagship smartphone packed with features and functions that pits it against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 7, the best smartphones available right now.
LG V30 Review
The LG V30 runs out of the box on the immediate past latest version of the Android OS and the version readily available to all smartphones now, Android 7.1.2 Nougat. On top of this is the customised LG UX 6.0+ which adds several useful software features like Qualcomm Aqstic voice UI tech-backed advanced Voice Recognition which gives the phone the capability to always listen for voice commands.
Design & Display
The V30 comes large with a 6-inch OLED display which has a QHD+ (2880 * 1440) pixel resolution and a 539PPI pixel density. The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and the smartphone is almost bezel-less on the sides, having a 18:9 aspect ratio with minimal top and bottom bezels. This design pattern is seen in the Galaxy S8 series and the recently-launched Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
The LG V30 has a metal unibody design and has several certifications that make it worth its price and adaptable for use in different situations and conditions. Starting with the common one(s) you’ll easily find on other flagships, the smartphone has IP68 certifications for water and dust resistance, meaning you can dunk it in up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes without any risk of damage.
On to the uncommon certifications that are only found on rugged devices, the LG V30 is MIL-STD 810G certified and has passed 14 categories of the MIL-STD 810G Drop Test, thereby making it fit for use in military operations.
With all these, it still weighs a mere 158 grammes and is just 8.3 millimetres thick.
Memory & Performance
The flagship LG smartphone is powered by the equally flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor with eight processing cores, and its graphics are handled by the powerful Adreno 540 GPU.
It has 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM and comes in two internal storage variants; the V30 with 64GB of regular internal storage and the V30+ with 128GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage. Both variants possess a microSD slot for expanding the default storage up to 2TB.
Almost all flagship smartphones now come with dual rear cameras, and the LG V30 duly follows this trend, sporting a 16MP + 13MP dual camera combo at the rear. Both are accompanied by a dual-tone LED flash to brighten up your photos.
The 16MP primary camera has a f/1.6 aperture and 71-degree wide-angle lens, and possesses properties like Laser Autofocus, PDAF, OIS and EIS to make your main photography operations complete. The 13MP camera also has a f/1.9 aperture and 120-degree wide-angle lens, allowing you to fit more objects into one picture.
The smartphone also sports a 5MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture and 90-degree wide-angle lens at the front for taking selfies.
A powerful smartphone like this needs adequate power backup to enable the user enjoy its features for a long time before they have to abandon it to recharge. The LG V30 tries in this regard with a 3300mAh battery with features like Quick Charge 3.0 and Wireless Charging, all while succeeding at maintaining a slim frame.
Connectivity & Hardware
The phone has a single SIM slot with support for 4G VoLTE. It has a USB Type-C 2.0 port that’s compatible with USB 3.1 cords and enhances charging and data transfer. It also offers connectivity options like Bluetooh 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS and Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
In terms of hardware, the LG V30 has a fingerprint sensor positioned below its camera module at the rear. It uses a 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC technology with digital filters to give you a mind-blowing audio experience.
LG V30 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM
- SIM Count: Single
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
- User Interface: LG UX 6.0+
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 151.7 * 75.4 * 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 158g.
- Display size: 6 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2880 * 1440 pixels (QHD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~538 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: OLED touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Features: 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Colours: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform.
- Processor Speed: 2.0GHz+.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540.
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x .
- Internal Storage: 64GB (V30) / 128GB (V30+) (UFS 2.0) internal memory.
- External Storage: expandable up to 2TB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition.
- Lens: 16MP + 13MP dual rear cameras.
- LED Flash: Dual-tone LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/1.6-aperture (16MP) / f/1.9 aperture (13MP)
- 71-degree wide-angle lens (16MP)
- Laser auto focus, OIS, EIS, PDAF (16MP)
- 120-degree wide-angle lens (13MP)
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: 90-degree wide-angle lens & f/2.2 aperture
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 LE.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible).
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3,300mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Wireless Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: IP68-certified for Water & dust resistance, 14 categories of MIL-STD 810G Drop Test passed, suitable for military operations.
- Launch Date: August 31, 2017.
- Availability: August 31, 2017.
How much is LG V30?
The LG V30 has just been announced and will be available first in Korea from the 21st of September, after which it will be rolled out globally. The price of the smartphone is not known yet, but we expect that it will be priced similarly to competing flagships like Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 7+.