The M-Horse Power 1 is a budget smartphone with massive 5,050 mAh battery
With the aim of hoping to plant its feet solid in the smartphone scene, M-Horse, a budding smartphone company that has been in the game of manufacturing gadgets since 2011, has released the M-Horse Power 1 smartphone.
The OEM has its company, factory and assembling plant based in Shenzhen, China. Though the Chinese OEM’s products are widespread across places like India, Dubai, Brazil and some countries in Africa like Nigeria, M-Horse is trying as much as possible to change its status as a budding gadget manufacturer.
Let’s see how the M-Horse Power 1 fares under the headers below.
M-Horse Power 1 Review
Design & Display
As mentioned in the title that the M-Horse Power 1 is a budget smartphone, it is only normal not to expect too much from it. The device’s body build and design is pretty much the basic stuff. The appearance and aesthetic doesn’t spark much excitement when seen, likewise the thickness and weight – holding a 180 grams 10.1 mm thick smartphone could be burdensome. However, the thickness could be tied to the huge capacity of the battery. You want a long-lasting battery, you got to have the strength the carry it. That’s the price to pay.
There is a 5.0 inch IPS LCD screen on the M-Horse Power 1 to handle the visual output. The screen is a High Definition (HD) screen and comes with a 294 ppi pixel density and 720 * 1280 pixels resolution.
Despite being low-end, the M-Horse Power 1 comes out of the box with the Android v7.0 Nougat operating system. Features like Split-screen and efficient battery saving are what you would enjoy on this device.
Of course you shouldn’t expect an OTA Android Oreo update, unless M-Horse says otherwise.
Memory & Performance
The M-Horse Power 1 uses the MediaTek MT6580 chip which is mostly found on low-end or budget smartphones. The processor of the device has four cores (Quad-core) with a speed of 1.3 GHz.
Per storage, there is a meagre 1GB RAM for running and multitasking applications and 8GB of built-in storage to keeps documents and multimedia. The storage unit can be expanded to 32GB using a micro SD card in the SIM 2 slot.
The M-Horse Power 1 runs what I would love to call the “Twin camera system”. The camera sensors both on the rear and front are both capped at 5 Megapixels with only the primary camera at the back having its individual LED flashlight for subject brightening under lowlight conditions.
Battery & Connectivity
The M-Horse Power 1 supports only 2G and 3G and comes with an incredibly collossal battery capacity – 5,050 mAh. The battery is a Lithium Polymer battery, non-removable and sadly, doesn’t fast charge. I wonder how many hours it will take to get a full charge all the way from 0%.
M-HORSE Power 1 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: Not supported
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface:
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 71.8 mm x 143.6 mm x 10.8 mm.
- Weight: 180g.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels.
- Pixel resolution: ~298 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Plastic body
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Black, Gold, Grey and Cyan.
- Processor Name/Technology:
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 4 (Quad-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali 400
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal Storage:8GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 32GB with microSD (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity.
- Lens: 5MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 720p@30fps.
- Properties: Face detection
Optical Stabilization (OIS)
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 5,050 mAh.
- Battery Technology: Lithium Polymer.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is M-Horse Power 1?
The price of the M-Horse Power 1 is currently unknown but when the device is officially launched, it will be announced. Stay tuned.