Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Meizu M5c with Android 7.0 LTE and 3000mAh battery launched
Meizu has launched a new budget device in the Meizu M series named the Meizu M5c. The Meizu M5c has the looks of a mid-range device, and even though it has the budget status, it doesn’t disappoint in terms of specs for its price range.
Meizu M5c Review
Software & Hardware
The Meizu M5c runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. This is further enhanced with Meizu’s custom UI, FlyMe OS, the sixth stable version of which is layered on top of the stock Android in the M5c.
The phone possesses a fingerprint sensor which is embedded into its physical home button at the front below the display.
Design & Display
The budget smartphone comes with a 5-inch IPS display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution, 400 nits maximum brightness level and 1000:1 contrast ratio. It has a polycarbonate body build as you would expect and uses a physical home button at the front.
Memory & Performance
A quad-core 64-bit MediaTek processor with a clock speed of 1.3GHz runs the Meizu M5c’s operations while a Mali T720 GPU handles its graphics operations. It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via its microSD card slot.
The smartphone sports an 8MP camera with phase detection autofocus, a f/2.0 aperture and a LED flash to handle lighting at the rear, while a 5MP camera handles selfies at the front.
Battery & Connectivity
The Meizu M5c packs a 3000mAh battery which is quite surprising, considering its budget status. With that, you’re assured of at least 12 hours of usage, even when the phone is used heavily.
The M5c comes with a hybrid dual Nano SIM slot and supports 4G networks with VoLTE. It has Bluetooth 4.1 Low-Energy (LE) and GLONASS for better location tracking for Indian citizens.
Meizu M5c Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Hybrid SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: FlyMe OS 6.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 8.3mm thickness.
- Weight: 135g.
- Display size: 5.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~294 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Plastic with metal trimmings.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Black, Pink, Blue, Red & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: –
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Launch Date: May 24, 2017.
- Availability: TBA.
How much is Meizu M5c in India & China?
The Meizu M5c comes in a variety of colours including Black, Gold, Blue, Red & Pink, and will be available in many countries including India & China. Right now, We don’t know how much it will cost or when it will be available.