Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Moto X4 With Dual Rear Cameras launched in India: Specs & Price
Motorola, a subsidiary company of Lenovo announced its flagship Moto X smartphone in the Moto X series at the IFA 2017 event in Berlin, and now the company has launched the smartphone for sale in India.
The Moto X4 is a flagship in every sense of it, offering professional photography functions with dual cameras, efficient multitasking with up to 4GB of RAM and infinite storage space with an internal storage expandable up to 2TB.
Moto X4 Review
The Moto X4 runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box. For a smartphone this sophisticated, there should be a custom UI from the company as its fellow OEMs have done, but sadly, users have to cope with the minimal customisations on vanilla Android that have been made by Moto.
The smartphone comes with support for two different digital assistants: Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Design & Display
The X4 comes with a 5.2-inch LTPS IPS display which is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass and has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. It has an anodized aluminium frame that’s also covered with Corning Gorilla Glass on the back.
The smartphone has IP68 certifications for water and dust resistance, meaning you can use it comfortably in harsh weather conditions and put it in up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes. It weighs 163g and is 7.99mm thick.
Memory & Performance
The Moto X4 is powered under the hood by an octa-core 14nm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform processor with 2.2GHz maximum speed, while its graphics operations are handled by an Adreno 508 GPU.
The phone comes in two memory variants: 3GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage. It offers option of internal storage expansion up to 2TB via microSD.
Present at the rear of the X4 is a dual camera setup consisting of a 12MP primary camera with a Dual Autofocus Pixel sensor, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and 1.4µm pixel size, and an 8MP secondary camera with an ultra-wide angle lens, 120-degree FOV, f/2.2 aperture and 1.12µm pixel size. The rear also features a dual-tone LED flash.
A 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1µm pixel size and an accompanying LED flash resides at the front of the smartphone to handle selfie photography.
The Moto X4 packs a 3000mAh battery with Turbo Charging which gives you six hours of usage with just 15 minutes of charging.
Connectivity & Hardware
The smartphone comes in single and dual SIM variants and supports 4G VoLTE. It has a USB Type-C port and offers Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS with GLONASS and WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). It also has a front-ported speaker and three microphones to provide a superb audio experience.
Moto X4 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: n/a
- SIM Count: Single / Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: n/a
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 148.35 * 73.4 * 7.99 mm.
- Weight: 163g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: 401 PPI.
- Display Technology: IPS LTPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design, Anodized aluminium frame.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Colours: Super Black and Sterling Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 508.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB .
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 2TB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 12MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Dual-tone LED Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Dual Autofocus Pixel sensor
- f/2.0 aperture (Primary).
- 1.4um pixel size (Primary).
- Ultra-wide angle lens (Secondary).
- 120-degree field of view (Secondary).
- f/2.2 aperture (Secondary).
- 1.12um pixel size (Secondary).
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- f/2.0 aperture
- 1um pixel size.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Front-ported speaker, 3 microphones.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS with GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Turbo Charging.
- Extra Features: IP68 certification for dust and water resistance.
- Launch Date: November 13, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is Moto X4 in India?
The 3GB RAM variant of the Moto X4 costs around Rs. 20,999 ($321) in India while the 4GB RAM variant will cost around Rs. 22,999 ($351) in India. It’s available exclusively from Flipkart and comes with several benefits upon purchase.