Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
The race for slimness: Moto Z2 Play to come with smaller 3000mAh battery capacity
What do you hear when you give a new smartphone to someone and ask them what they feel about it? “Oh my God! It is sleek”, “This is one of the sleekest phones I’ve ever used”, etc. That’s the world we live in right now; where smartphone makers try to outdo themselves in the slimness of their smartphones. The specifications of the upcoming Moto Z2 Play are out courtesy popular tipster @evleaks, and they reveal that the smartphone is going to pack a reduced battery capacity in favour of a slimmer design.
Now this might not be a bad thing in some phones, but in the case of the Moto Z2 Play, it’s very bad because its predecessor, the Moto Z Play which packs a 3510mAh battery and was released around this time last year lasts longer than the recently-released Moto G5 Plus with the same battery capacity, so you can imagine what the Z2 Play’s battery life with a 3000mAh battery capacity be.
Moto Z2 Play Review
The Moto Z2 Play is expected to run on the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 7.1.1 Nougat which is becoming increasingly available on more phones than just the Google Pixel smartphones.
Design & Display
The Moto Z2 Play has the same 5.5-inch SAMOLED display as its predecessor, with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution, a 401 ppi pixel density and most probably Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
The smartphone sports a metal unibody design with splash and dust resistance. It is just 6 millimetres thick at its thinnest point and weighs just 145 grammes. The phone has a water-repellent nano coating, lie most Moto smartphones.
Memory & Performance
The Z2 Play is powered under the hood by a SoC containing an octa-core Snapdragon 626 processor with a speed of 2.2GHz, and an Adreno 506 GPU which takes care of how graphics are rendered on the device.
The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded via a microSD card slot.
In this aspect, the Moto Z2 Play emulates the Moto G5 Plus, sporting a 12MP camera wuth Dual-Pixel Autofocus and a f/1.7 aperture at the rear, and a 5MP selfie camera with a f/2.2 aperture at the front.
The rear camera is capable of 4K video recording and, like the front camera, has a dual-tone LED flash as a companion.
As said earlier, the Moto Z2 Play packs a 3000mAh battery which thankfully comes with Motorola’s fast charging technology, Turbo charging.
Connectivity & Hardware
The phone comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE networks with VoLTE functionality. It is compatible with the NFC technology and (thankfully) retains the 3.5mm audio jack. It also comes with FM radio.
On the hardware side, there is a physical home button present below the smartphone’s display at the front, into which a fingerprint sensor is embedded. This home button is larger than normal and would come with the One button navigation mechanism which is present on the latest Moto G5 smartphones.
Moto Z2 Play Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM / Single SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 6mm thickness.
- Weight: 145g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Water-repellent nano coating.
- Colours: Lunar Gray & Fine Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 626.
- Processor Speed: 2.2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Lens: 12MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 4K.
- Properties: f/1.7 aperture, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture & OmniVision OV5695 sensor.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Turbo Charging.
- Extra Features: One button navigation mechanism with fingerprint scanner.
- Launch Date: Q2/Q3 2017.
- Availability: Q2/Q3 2017.
Moto Z2 Play Availability and Price Details
The Z2 Play will come in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colours and is expected to be launched in the second or third quarter of the year. Its price details are not known yet.
The Moto Z2 Play is yet another addition to the list of upcoming Motorola smartphones, together with the Moto E4, E4 Plus, Moto C & C Plus, Moto Z2 & Moto Z2 Force.
Products from Amazon.com
- Moto Z Unlocked Smartphone, 5.5" Quad HD screen, 64GB storage, 5.2mm thin - Lunar Grey - 64GB (U.S. Warranty)Price: $299.99Was: $699.99