Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Nubia M2 Lite With 4gb Ram & 16mp Wide-angle Selfie Camera Launched: Specs & Price in India
Nubia Mobile has launched the nubia M2 Lite, its latest smartphone its M2 series in India, some months after the same smartphone was launched in China. The M2 Lite is a lower variant of the nubia M2 which was launched alongside the M2 Lite in China.
The Lite naming convention in the nubia M2 Lite doesn’t mean it’s a budget or mid-range device, as it packs specifications that can only be found in the high range hierarchy of smartphones. Here is a full review of the nubia M2 Lite.
nubia M2 Lite Review
Smartphone OEMs that have a custom user interface for their smartphones which are built on the Android OS are respected more than those that don’t, and Nubia mobile isn’t left out of the game. The nubia M2 Lite runs on Nubia UI 4.0 which is built upon the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, one of the latest versions of Android widely available.
Design & Display
In terms of design, the nubia M2 Lite is spectacular. It sports a metal unibody design and has rounded edges for a better grip. The smartphone uses on-screen navigation buttons, but still incorporates a uniquely designed physical home button present on the bottom front bezel. The smartphone has the same design as the nubia M2.
The nubia M2 Lite has a 5.5-inch display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution. The display is covered with 2.5D curved glass which enhances the touch input and strenghtens it against falls, but an additional layer of protection like Corning Gorilla Glass wouldn’t be too much to ask for.
Memory & Performance
The M2 Lite is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor with a max speed of 1.5GHz, and a Mali T860 GPU which makes sure that graphics are properly rendered on the smartphone. The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
The smartphone sports a 13MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture and a LED flash for visibility in low light conditions at the rear. The front packs more punch, sporting a 16MP camera which uses 5P lens, has a f/2.0 aperture and a 79.8-degree wide-angle lens which allows you to fit in more people and objects into your selfies. It also comes with soft flash which makes sure you never take dark selfies.
The nubia M2 Lite packs a 3000mAh battery which would last you a whole day on average use, but would disappoint a power user hoping to not charge it throughout the day.
Connectivity & Hardware
The smartphone comes with a dual Nano SIM slot with the second SIM slot being a hybrid slot, one which allows you to choose between using a second SIM card or a microSD card for internal storage expansion. The smartphone supports 4G network connectivity and comes with GPS for location determination.
In terms of hardware, the nubia M2 Lite features a fingerprint sensor which is embedded into its physical home button. This allows you to unlock the smartphone in just 0.15 seconds.
nubia M2 Lite Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Hybrid SIM
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: Nubia UI 4.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155.7 * 76.7 * 7.5 mm.
- Weight: 164g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Black Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, Autofocus.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, soft flash.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, 79.8-degree wide-angle lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Dolby Audio 7.1.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 8, 2017.
- Availability: May 9, 2017.
How much is nubia M2 Lite in India?
The nubia M2 Lite costs Rs. 13,999 in India and would go on sale on Amazon India tomorrow the 9th of May. The smartphone is exclusive to the site.