Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
The Oppo A77 sports a single 16MP selfie camera: Specs & Price in Taiwan
Oppo has announced another selfie-focused smartphone, and this time it’s not in the Oppo F series; it’s the Oppo A77, in the Oppo A series. The Oppo A77 is simply the recently-launched Oppo F3 without the secondary front camera and display protection; other specifications remain the same.
From this, I deduce that the Oppo A77 was made for those who desire a full selfie experience and effects of a dual camera on their selfie photos, but can’t afford the Oppo F3, as its selfie camera can create effects similar to those provided by the dual selfie camera on the F3.
Oppo A77 Review
The Oppo A77 runs on Oppo’s custom UI, Color OS version 3.0 which is built on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. This offers almost the latest in terms of software, as the custom OS adds some of the features that can be found in the latest version of Android.
Design & Display
The Oppo A77 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass and has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. This display lacks the Corning Gorilla Glass protection that’s present on the Oppo F3’s display.
The smartphone has a design that’s common to most Oppo smartphone. It’s slim and long, has rounded edges, a physical home button and antenna lines along the top and bottom bezels at the rear. It has a metal unibody design.
Memory & Performance
An octa-core MediaTek MT6750T processor with a speed of 1.5GHz powers the Oppo A77 with a Mali T860 GPU handling its graphics. It runs on 4GB of RAM and has 64GB of internal storage space for storing files, and can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
The Oppo A77 sports a 13MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture and PDAF at the rear, and makes your pictures brighter with a dual-tone LED flash. Its selfie setup includes a 16MP camera with 76.4-degree wide-angle lens and a f/2.0 aperture at the front, with a LED flash for brighter selfies.
The selfie camera is able to produce depth of field effect like the dual camera setup on the Oppo F3. It also has a selfie timer feature.
The Oppo A77 packs a 3200mAh battery which is built into the phone to achieve its metal unibody.
Connectivity & Hardware
The A77 comes with a dual Nano SIM slot and supports 4G LTE networks with VoLTE functionality. It has a fingerprint sensor which is embedded into its home button.
Oppo A77 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM, Dual Standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: Color OS 3.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 153.29 * 75.24 * 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 153g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: –
- Colours: Gold & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750T.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 GPU.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1/3.1- inch sensor, 1.12um pixel size.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, 1/3.1-inch sensor.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 3200mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 18, 2017.
- Availability: May 2017.
How much is Oppo A77 in Nigeria?
The Oppo A77 will be put up for pre-order from tomorrow the 19th of May and would be available for sale later in the month. It comes in Gold and Rose Gold colours and costs NT$ 10,990 in Taiwan.