As promised, Oppo has released the Oppo F3, its latest selfie-focused smartphone in the equally selfie-focused Oppo F series. The normal or common convention when launching smartphones is to launch the standard variant before any other higher or lower variants, but in the case of the F3, its higher variant, the Oppo F3 Plus was launched (back in March) before the standard variant.
The Oppo F3 is a high-end smartphone with the same design as its higher variant, the Oppo F3 Plus. The smartphone’s specifications and features are discussed in detail below.
Oppo F3 Review
The Oppo F3 runs on Oppo’s custom user interface, Color OS version 3.0 which is built on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
The Oppo F3 comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass screen, a 153.29 * 75.24 * 7.3 mm dimension and a weight of 153g. In addition, it possesses a fingerprint sensor embedded into its home button that will work even when the fingers are moist (interesting isn’t it?).
The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and the phone has a metal unibody design.
Memory & Performance
The F3 is powered by a 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T processor and a Mali T860 GPU. It has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory that could be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
True to its selfie-focused nature, the Oppo F3 comes with a dual camera setup at the front. It sports a 16-megapixel primary front-facing camera with 1/3-inch sensor and f/2.0 aperture along with an 8-megapixel secondary front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for capturing better group selfies. Beside these two, there is a LED flash at the front to make your selfies brighter.
The phone also sports a 13-megapixel camera with a dual-tone LED flash at the rear. The rear camera comes with phase detection autofocus, a f/2.2 aperture and 1.12µm pixel size, indicating that even though the phone is focused on the selfie experience, the main photography aspect is not left lagging behind.
The Oppo F3 packs a 3200mAh non-removable battery which would surely last you more than half a day on average use. Had it been that the phone came with fast charging technology, I would have said you can comfortably pull through a whole day on heavy use.
Connectivity & Hardware
The F3 allows you to make calls over 4G LTE networks with its VoLTE (voice-over-LTE) functionality. It has a dual Nano SIM slot and GPS for location tracking.
Oppo F3 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/ 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE With VoLTE
- SIM Type: Dual standby Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: ColorOS 3.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 153.29 * 75.24 * 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 153g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Colours: Gold & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750T.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860 GPU.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1/3.1- inch sensor, 1.12um pixel size.
- Lens: 16MP+8MP Dual Cameras.
- LED Flash: n/a.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, 1/3.1-inch sensor.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 3200mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 4, 2017.
- Availability: May 13, 2017.
How much is Oppo F3 in India?
The Oppo F3 is available for pre-order exclusively from Flipkart and offline stores in India until the 12th of May and will be on sale from the 13th of May for Rs. 19,990 in India.