Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Oukitel K3 is an affordable mid-range smartphone with 4GB RAM, 4 cameras and 6,080mAh battery
This year, Oukitel have displayed how prolific their smartphone manufacturing game have become. With various types and number of devices like the Oukitel Mix 2 with a Full HD bezel-less display, the budget Oukitel C8, which is less than $100, Oukitel U11 with 4GB RAM and many more, Oukitel seem to be only getting better and better as each day passes.
Of the many products from Oukitel, we shall be highlighting major features of the Oukitel K3, which is an mid-range smartphone that packs premium specs for a relatively affordable price tag. We shall also talk about the price and the best place to buy at the best price.
Design and Display
At first glance, one feature that you would most likely love first about the Oukitel K3 is the solid rectangular form and body build of the device. The Oukitel K3 is made from a mix of metal and plastic and is available in two colours (Black and Blue) that helps to beef up its aesthetic.
On the front, the device’s 5.5 inch Full HD display is covered by a 2 5D curved scratch resistant glass. The glass is a dragontail type of glass and this confers protection against shattering, dust and easy breakage on the Oukitel K3. So, if your Oukitel K3 falls against hard or rocky surfaces, worry not, your device will most likely remain intact.
The device is thick and bulky; has dimension of 77.3 mm x 155.7 mm x 9.9 mm and weighs 209 grams. The bulky and heavy nature if the Oukitel K3 can however be attributed to the huge battery size of the device. That is a fair price to pay for heaviness if you ask me.
The Oukitel K3 comes out of the box running the Android v7.0 Nougat operating system. There is no information as to whether the device will receive the Android Oreo update or not.
Performance and Memory
The Oukitel K3 uses MediaTek’s MT6750T 64-bit System-on-Chip and runs all operations on the 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 processor with 8 cores (Octa core). For fluid running of apps and multitasking, there is 4GB of RAM on board and to store files and other multimedia, the inherent 64GB memory is up to the task.
In case you run out on storage space, the Oukitel K3 has a dedicated SD card slot for expansion to up to 128GB.
The Oukitel K3 is one of the few smartphone of 2017 running a Quad-camera system. On the rear, the main cameras are of 13MP and 2MP quality.
The front cameras in charge of selfies are identical to those on the rear; 13MP and 2MP.
The powerhouse of the Oukitel K3 is made of a Lithium Polymer battery which has a capacity of 6,080mAh. The device is packed in a way that doesn’t permit removability of the battery but it comes with the Quick Charge feature. The battery has a standby period of 220 hours and can last more than 48 hours, depending on how manner and intensity of usage.
Oukitel K3 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Modified Android
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 77.3 mm x 155.7 mm x 9.9 mm.
- Weight: 209 grams.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (FHD)
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal and Plastic Unibody Design.
- Protection: Dragontail Glass
- Colours: Black and Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6750T
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: Dual 13MP + 2MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Geotagging, Touch Focus, Panorama, Self-timer, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, Face Detection, Scene Mode, Autofocus, HDR
- Lens: Dual 13MP + 2MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 6,080mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is the Oukitel K3?
As earlier mentioned, the Oukitel K3 is a mid-range smartphone with premium specs but very affordable price tag. Currently, on GearBest, you can purchase a unit of the Oukitel K3 Smartphone for $139.99.