Partner Mobile is a smartphone brand manufacturing phones for the Nigerian market, and since their entrance into the Nigerian smartphone scene in 2015, their smartphones have been receiving good reviews as they are produced with the goal of providing the consumers with a partner in a mobile phone. The company recently launched the Partner Mobile PS2, its second flagship smartphone, and while it is a huge upgrade to its predecessor, it is deficient in some aspects.
For the records, the Partner Mobile PS2 succeeds the Partner Prestige PS1 which was launched in 2016, and while the new device is a big upgrade, it has some outdated specs and an outrageous price tag. First, the specs and review:
Partner Mobile PS2 Review
The Partner Mobile PS2 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop which is sooo 2015 and feels outdated right now. Lollipop is a good OS, no doubt, but it lacks some important features which are available in recent versions of the Android OS like Marshmallow, Nougat and soon, Android O.
Design & Display
The PS2 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It has a good design, has a premium feel and is just 8.5 millimetres thick, so it won’t be too large to fit into your hands.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Partner Mobile PS2 is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor which operates on 3GB of RAM. The phone offers 16GB of storage space which can be expanded up to 64GB using a microSD card.
Wait! A Snapdragon processor on a Nigerian smartphone?! Whoa!! Now that’s huge. This smartphone means business.
The smartphone sports a 20MP camera with autofocus and LED flash at the rear, poised to deliver a satisfying camera experience to the users. The main camera can record Full HD videos at a speed of 30 frames per second.
The phone also sports a 13MP camera at the front, perfect for those who can’t live with groggy or unclear selfies.
The Partner Mobile PS2 packs a 3500mAh Li-ion battery with fast charging feature, meaning you get a decent battery life and won’t have to wait for ages before you can get a full battery percentage.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Partner Mobile PS2 sports a fingerprint sensor below the rear camera module, amidst other important sensors like gyroscope, hall sensor, infrared sensor, face recognition and compass. It also has USB OTG functionality which allows for reverse charging and others, and is compatible with 4G LTE networks.
Partner Mobile PS2 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800).
- SIM Type: Nano SIM, Dual Standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 157.6 * 78 * 8.5 mm.
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Colours: Pink, Black & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 615.
- Processor Speed: n/a
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: n/a
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Infrared, Hall sensor, Compass, Face recognition, Gravity sensor.
- Lens: 20MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Autofocus.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3500mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: March 2017.
- Availability: May 2017.
How much is Partner Mobile PS2 in Nigeria?
The Partner Mobile PS2 carries a price tag of N87,000 in Nigeria, and this is simply outrageous because there are numerous smartphones that offer better specs at that price, and even lower. Perhaps we need to start a campaign to find a suitable product manager for Partner Mobile, because it appears that their gateman has been filling in that role.