Samsung has officially launched the Samsung Z4, its latest smartphone in the Tizen OS-running Samsung Z series. The Z4 was certified by the FCC some weeks ago, and its user manual was published on the Samsung India support website at the beginning of May. The smartphone was announced just last week in preparation for today’s launch.
It is worthy to note that the Samsung Z4 is targeted at first-time phone users, but it has specs good enough to be used as a second smartphone (side chick). The phone is made mainly for the Indian market and comes with many Made in India functions.
Samsung Z4 Review
The Samsung Z4 runs on Samsung’s own operating system, Tizen OS 3.0. The smartphone comes with functions localised for Indian citizens, including S bike mode, Ultra Power Saving mode and My Money Transfer.
Still under the Made in India initiative, the Z4 gives you access to news in any local Indian language you want right on the home screen.
Design & Display
The Samsung Z4 sports a 4.5-inch display with a WVGA (800 * 480) pixel resolution and 2.5D curved glass. It has a basic smartphone look (if you know what I mean by basic), weighs 143 grammes and is 10.3 millimetres thick.
Memory & Performance
The Samsung Z4 is powered by a quad-core processor with a clock frequency of 1.5GHz, operating on 1GB of RAM and having an expandable (up to 128GB) internal storage space (8GB) to suit the file collectors.
The Z4 sports a 5MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture at the rear, accompanied by a dual LED flash to make your photos clearer and brighter. The same setup is found at the front, but a single LED flash is present instead of a dual one.
Battery & Connectivity
The Samsung Z4 packs a 2050mAh battery which you would normally not expect to last for more than half a day, but then, the OS is different from Android and the phone has an Ultra Power Saving mode, so it’s possible for it to last longer than that.
The Z4 comes in single and dual micro SIM slot variants, both with support for 4G LTE. Surprisingly, the phone comes with USB OTG functionality, so first-time smartphone users are not denied the experience of charging other smartphones with theirs and using USB peripheral devices like keyboards and mouse.
Samsung Z4 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Hybrid) | Single SIM.
- OS: Tizen OS 3.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 132.9 * 69.2 * 10.3 mm.
- Weight: 143g.
- Display size: 4.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 480 * 800 pixels (WVGA).
- Pixel resolution: ~207 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Plastic build, ~62.7% screen-to-body ratio.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: –
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: –
- RAM: 1GB.
- Internal Storage: 8GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB (dual SIM variant only, uses SIM 2 slot).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity sensor.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: 720p@30fps.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Geo-tagging
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: –
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Geo-tagging.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2050mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? Yes.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: Made in India features – S bike mode, Ultra Power Saving mode, My Money Transfer, latest news in local Indian language.
- Launch Date: May 15, 2017.
- Availability: May 19, 2017.
How much is Samsung Z4 in Nigeria?
The Samsung Z4 comes in Gold colour and will be sold for Rs. 5,790 in mobile smartphone stores in India from the 19th of May when it becomes publicly available. The smartphone would be showcased at the Tizen Developer Conference in San Fransisco of California from the 16th to 17th of May.