Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
UMIDIGI Crystal: A $99 response to the Xiaomi Mi MIX
Chinese brand, UMIDIGI has just unveiled a new smartphone named the UMIDIGI Crystal. One amazing feature of the Crystal is its borderless design which has it void of bezels on three sides. The Crystal was unveiled interestingly in two editions, an all-metal edition and a blue Lumia edition. Below is a review of the Crystals features:
UMIDIGI Crystal Review
In terms of software, the Crystal has not come short of the expectations for a smartphone of its category; in fact, it surpasses what you would expect on a smartphone that costs $99. It operates on a stock Android 7.0 Nougat OS.
Design & Display
The UMIDIGI Crystal boasts a display size of 5.5 inches with a pixel density of 401ppi. The display is embellished with a capacitive 2.5D curved glass touchscreen which is protected with Dragontail glass. It comes in an Aluminum Alloy Unibody build.
Memory & Performance
Interestingly, the two editions of the Crystal differ in these areas. Though both editions run the same processor type (octa-core), the all-metal edition runs on a MediaTek MT6757T Helio P25 SoC while the dazzling blue Lumia Edition runs on a Snapdragon 835 SoC. However, both use the same Mali-T720 MP2 graphics processors with a speed of 600MHz.
Again in the storage aspect, there’s some interesting variation; the all-metal edition has a 2GB/4GB RAM variation while the Lumia Edition runs on 6GB RAM. The all-metal edition possesses a 16GB/64GB Internal storage capacity whilst the Lumia edition possesses a 128GB internal memory. The Crystal supports microSD up to 128GB (hybrid slot).
UMIDIGI made some investment into the photography aspect of the Crystal as it sports a 13MP autofocus rear camera with dual LED flash and video recording enabled. It, however, possesses a 5MP front camera (that’s a low one I think).
Connectivity & Hardware
The Crystal uses a Dual Nano SIM system with compatibility with 4G LTE. It’s surprising, however, that you can neither make calls or use USSD functions while using the 4G LTE network on the Crystal, as it does not support VoLTE. It possesses a fingerprint sensor and is GPS-enabled.
UMIDIGI Crystal Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 20(800).
- SIM Type: Nano SIM, Dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual Hybrid SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: –
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel Density: 401ppi.
- Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Aluminum Alloy Unibody Design.
- Protection: Dragontail Glass.
- Colours: Gold & Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6757T Helio P25 / Lumia Edition: Snapdragon 835.
- Processor Speed: –
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: 600MHz ARM Mali-T720 MP2.
- RAM: 2 GB/4GB (All-metal Edition) | 6GB (Lumia Edition).
- Internal Storage: 16GB/64GB (All-metal Edition) | 128GB (Lumia Edition).
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB (hybrid slot).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: micro-USB.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Extra Features:
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Document Viewer.
- Photo and Video editor.
- Launch Date: May 2017.
- Availability: June 15, 2017.
How much is The UMIDIGI Crystal?
The Crystal was unveiled with a launch price of $99 upwards and will be available for purchase from the 15th of June.