Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
These Windows Powered Smartphones Are Getting the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
As we all know, Microsoft has support for all smartphones running any version of the Windows Mobile OS, but that was after it started the development of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. The update has started rolling out to PCs and smartphones running the Windows operating system, but unlike PC users that can get the update no matter what hardware they’re running, the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is available for a limited number of Windows-powered smartphones.
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update started rolling out to devices around the middle of this week, and while some PC users are already getting theirs, people using Windows-powered smartphones should get ready as Microsoft has said the update will roll out to both PCs and smartphones within the same time frame.
The company has released a list of smartphones running its mobile OS that will receive the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and the smartphones contained in it are pretty small compared to the total number running Windows.
Smartphones getting Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- HP Elite x3.
- Wileyfox Pro.
- Microsoft Lumia 550.
- Microsoft Lumia 650.
- Microsoft Lumia 950.
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL.
- Alcatel IDOL 4S.
- Alcatel IDOL 4S Pro.
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL.
- Softbank 503LV.
- VAIO Phone Biz.
- MouseComputer MADOSMA Q601.
- Trinity NuAns Neo.
How to get Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
There are several ways to get this new update:
- Open your Windows Update settings menu and check for updates. If your device has official support for the first phase of the update rollout, a download will start immediately in the background.
If not, you’ll be informed that your PC is up to date.
- Download the Windows 10 Update Assistant and use it to manually check for updates.
- If you want to reinstall Windows 10 with the new update, download the Media Creation Tool by Microsoft.
- If you’re good at that kinda stuff, download an ISO from Microsoft for the update.
New Features and Updates in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Windows Inking: Will let you ink directly onto PDF’s, making it easier and faster to comment and share with others. Smart Ink applies artificial intelligence to inking automatically making the squares you draw more perfect, or turning boxes into a table.
- Mixed Reality Viewer: See 3D objects – either from the Remix3D.com community or your own creation from Paint 3D – mixed into your actual surroundings through your PC’s camera for powerful ways to bring your story to life.
- Quick access to your top people:Now you can pin your top people to the taskbar for one-click access to those who matter most. Communication apps, starting with Mail and Skype, come up together custom-filtered by individual. Tap on your pinned contact to send an email or chat using Skype without having to open the apps.
- Windows Story Remix: Uses AI and deep learning to organize and transform photos and videos into stories powered by Microsoft Graph to connect users across devices.
- Pick up where you left off: Log out of one device and Cortana asks if you want to continue working in your app, doc or website on your next device.
- Clipboard: A fast, easy way to copy and paste just about anything between connected devices by allowing copying from the desktop and pasting on a phone.
- One Drive Files On-Demand: Lets you save all of your creations in OneDrive Files On-Demand, accessing your cloud files like any of your other files on your PC, without using up your local storage space.
- Updated Game Mode: Allows your games to use the full processing power of your device, right from a new button on the Game bar.
- Windows Defender: To get smarter and defends better than ever before. With behind the scenes cloud intelligence that enables new defenses against ransomware and exploits.
- Eye Control: Implements eye tracking technology that lets you type, and operate a mouse just using your eyes for those with Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Choose your performance/battery balance: New Performance/Power slider lets you set the right balance between battery-life longevity and system performance and responsiveness.
On mobile smartphones, some features like Apps Corner, Kids Corner and FM Radio will stop working when you install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.