Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 variant with 32GB of internal storage launched in India
Xiaomi has launched a variant of its Mi Max 2 phablet that was released in India back in July. The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is a high-end device that succeeds last year’s Mi Max which was the first member of the series. The Mi Max 2 was launched in July with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, and now, the company has launched a variant with 32GB of internal storage, while other specifications remain the same.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Review
Out of the box, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) upon which version 8 of Xiaomi’s custom UI, MIUI is layered.
Design & Display
The phablet comes with a 6.44-inch IPS display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass and has a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC colour gamut, 450nits brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
The device has a metal unibody design, weighs 211 grammes and is just 7.6 millimetres thick. It uses capacitive buttons for navigation and has its power button and volume rockers on the right side. It has 0.7mm ultra narrow bezels on the sides.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Mi Max 2 is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform processor and Adreno 506 GPU which handles its graphics processes. The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and is available in 32GB and 64GB internal storage variants, both of which can be expanded using an external microSD card.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 12MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25µm pixel size and PDAF at the rear with a dual-tone LED flash to handle main photography functions on the smartphone.
It also sports a 5MP camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens and a f/2.0 aperture at the front for taking selfies.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 packs a whopping 5300mAh battery that can last for up to 18 hours on video playback and offers 57 hours of talk time. The phone also comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology which ensures that the phone charges up to 68% from 0% in just one hour.
Connectivity & Hardware
The phablet comes with dual Micro+Nano SIM slots and supports 4G networks with VoLTE functionality. It offers connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS + GLONASS, and has a USB Type-C port which aids fast charging and file transfers.
On the hardware side, the Mi Max 2 has a fingerprint sensor placed at the rear below the main camera module for advanced security. It has stereo speakers for an improved audio experience.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: MIUI 8.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 174.1 * 88.7 * 7.6 mm.
- Weight: 211g.
- Display size: 6.44 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~406 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Features: 50nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC colour gamut.
- Colours: Mate Black.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform processor.
- Processor Speed: 2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor.
- Lens: 12MP.
- LED Flash: dual-tone LED Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/2.2 aperture
- Sony IMX386 sensor
- 1.25μm pixel size
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Stereo speakers.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum).
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: July 18, 2017.
- Availability: July 2017.
How much is Xiaomi Mi Max 2?
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes in Matte Black colour and while the 64GB internal storage variant has been available since in India since July, the new 32GB internal storage variant will go on sale on Amazon India and Mi.com on the 20th of September at noon for Rs. 12,999, after which it will be sold for Rs. 14,999 in the country.