Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A With 3gb of Ram and 32gb of Internal Storage Launched in India
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A was an instant success when it hit the markets earlier in March due to the fact that it came with just the right specs at the right price, but nevertheless, it was limited in some of its features, most especially the storage and memory capacity (2GB RAM & 16GB ROM).
Now, Xiaomi has realised this and launched a variant of the smartphone with upgraded processor memory of 3GB RAM and internal storage of 32GB. Other specifications of the phone remain the same; you don’t want to spoil something that’s good already.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A runs on Xiaomi’s custom MIUI 8 which is built upon version 6.0 (Marshmallow) of the Android operating system. The newest version of the the custom UI from the company, MIUI 9 will be released for the phone any time from late September, as confirmed earlier by Xiaomi.
Design & Display
The new Redmi 4A has the same design as the standard variant launched earlier, including the same 5-inch HD IPS display with 1000:1 contrast and 72% NTSC colour gamut.
The smartphone keeps it light at a mere 131.5 grammes and slim with a 8.5mm thickness measurement. It uses capacitive navigation buttons and has its speaker grill at the bottom on the back panel.
Memory & Performance
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor with a clock speed of 1.4GHz, and its graphics are handled by an Adreno 308 GPU with a clock speed of 500MHz.
It comes in 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM and 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM variants, each of which offer the option of internal storage expansion up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Redmi 4A sports a 13MP camera which is capable of recording videos at a Full HD (1080p) resolution and has a f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and LED Flash at the rear. It also sports a 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture at the front for taking selfies.
The phone packs a 3030mAh battery which does well to take the user through a single day on a single recharge.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Redmi 4A cocmes with a hybrid dual micro+nano SIM slot which leaves you with the option of using a nano SIM card or microSD card for internal storage expansion in the second SIM slot.
The smartphone supports 4G VoLTE and has Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. It also has an infrared sensor, although the fingerprint sensor which is important to some is missing.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- User Interface: MIUI 8.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 139.5 * 70.4 * 8.5 mm.
- Weight: 131.5g.
- Display size: 5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 (HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Protection: n/a
- Features: 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut.
- Colours: n/a
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 425 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308.
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB .
- Internal Storage: 16GB / 32GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Infrared Sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- f/2.2 aperture
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.2 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS +GLONASS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3030mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: March 2017 (2GB RAM variant), August 31, 2017 (3GB RAM variant).
- Availability: March 2017 (2GB RAM variant), August 31, 2017 (3GB RAM variant).
How much is Xiaomi Redmi 4A in India?
The new Xiaomi Redmi 4A with 3GB of RAM costs Rs. 6,999 in India and can be purchased from Mi.com, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, TataCLiQ and Mi Home stores in the country.