Copyright © 2017 Healthable. A Krafty Sprouts Property.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus with 4GB RAM & 4000mAh battery now available on Gearbest for just $198.99
Xiaomi has launched a new smartphone, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus alongside the Redmi 5 smartphone at an event in China. The apprehension and excitement that precedes the launch of a new Xiaomi smartphone is one many other OEMs envy, and it was no different in the case of the new Redmi smartphones.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus comes in the high-end category, launching in two variants with differences in memory and, of course, the price. The device is already available on popular e-commerce store Gearbest for just $198.99, and you can snag your own share of the deal by clicking on the link below.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Review
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus runs on MIUI 9 out of the box. MIUI is the custom User Interface (UI) that Xiaomi uses for its smartphones, and it’s based on the Android operating system. MIUI 9 on the Redmi 5 Plus is built upon version 7.1.2 (Nougat) of the Android OS.
Design & Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus comes in the phablet section, featuring a 5.99-inch IPS display which is covered with 2.5D curved glass. We expect it to come with Corning Gorilla Glass protection out of the box, but the version is not known yet.
The smartphone has a Full HD+ (1080 * 2160) pixel resolution and has a bezel-less design with 18:9 aspect ratio. Other display features include 450nits of brightness, 84% NTSC colour gamut and 1000:1 contrast ratio.
The Redmi 5 Plus comes with minimal bezels on all four sides. It is just 8.05 millimetres thick, and despite packing a large battery capacity, it weighs just 180 grammes.
Memory & Performance
A Snapdragon 625 processor which runs on the 14nm process and uses eight cores (octa-core) clocked at 2GHz powers the Redmi 5 Plus’ operations under the hood, while an Adreno 506 GPU takes care of graphics operations.
The phone comes in two memory variants, the first with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, and the second with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Both can be expanded up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus sports a 12MP camera with a f/2.2 aperture and 1.25um pixel size at the rear. It has Phase-Detection Auto-Focus (PDAF) to allow you take clear images of moving objects, and is accompanied with a dual-tone LED flash to provide illumination for images.
The smartphone also features a 5MP camera upfront for selfie photography, with a single LED flash for lighting up your images.
Battery, Connectivity & Hardware
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus packs a 4000mAh battery that can last for up to 17 days on standby, and more than a day even on heavy usage. We expect it to come with fast charging capabilities to reduce the amount of time it takes to charge the phone, but this hasn’t been confirmed officially yet.
The Redmi 5 Plus has a hybrid dual Nano SIM slot through which 4G networks with Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) can be accessed. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.2 LE for fast wireless connectivity, and GPS with GLONASS for location tracking.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus comes with an array of sensors like Proximity, Ambient Light, Compass, Hall sensor and Gyroscope which allows you to use Virtual Reality (VR) gadgets. It has an infrared sensor that allows you to control objects remotely with the phone, and features a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel for securely unlocking the smartphone, amongst other purposes.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE, band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Nano SIM.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
- User Interface: MIUI 9.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 158.5 * 75.5 * 8.1 mm.
- Weight: 180g.
- Display size: 5.99 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 * 2160 pixels (Full HD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~403 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Aluminium metal body.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unknown version).
- Features: 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio, 84% NTSC colour gamut, 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Colours: Black, Gold, Light Blue & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform.
- Processor Speed: 2.0GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB storage.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor.
- Lens: 12MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- f/2.2 aperture.
- 1.25um pixel size.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: n/a.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS with GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: n/a.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: December 8, 2017.
- Availability: December 12, 2017.
How much is Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus?
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Price:
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus comes in various colours like Black, Light Blue, Gold and Rose Gold. It costs just $198.99 on Gearbest, and you can get it quickly before the offer is over by clicking on the link below.