Xiaomi has launched a Lake Blue colour version of its Redmi Note 4 smartphone which was outed in September 2016. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Lake Blue Edition was made to kickstart the company’s Wake the Lake campaign in India, which strives to help restore lakes in some parts of the country.
This is how it works: the Redmi Note 4 lake Blue Edition is produced and put up for sale in limited quantities, interested customers buy the smartphone and Xiaomi uses the proceeds from the sale to help the Indian government in the mission to restore the lakes. Here’s what you get in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with Xiaomi’s custom UI, MIUI version 8 layered on top of it.
Design & Display
It has a 5.5-inch display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and is covered with 2.5D curved glass. The display has features like 72% NTSC colour gamut and 1000:1 contrast ratio.
The smartphone weighs 175 grammes and is 8.45 millimetres thick. It has a metal unibody design and uses capacitive navigation buttons.
Memory & Performance
The smartphone is powered under the hood by an octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor which runs on the 14nm process, has a clock speed of 2GHz and works wit an Adreno 506 GPU to ensure that the phone runs smoothly.
The Redmi Note 4 comes in three different storage variants that can have additional storage capacity thanks to its external microSD card slot which can take microSD card up to 128GB.
The first variant has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of eMMC 5.0 internal storage, the second 3GB of RAM and 32GB of eMMC 5.0 internal storage, and the high-end variant comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.0 internal storage.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sports a 13MP camera which uses either a Sony IMX258 or Samsung S5K3L8 sensor and has a f/2.0 aperture and PDAF at the rear, working together with a dual-tone LED flash to ensure that your pictures are high-calibre.
It also sports a 5MP camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens and an aperture size of f/2.0 at the front for taking selfies.
The smartphone packs a 4000mAh battery that is capable of lasting the user for more than a whole day, even on heavy use.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 features a fingerprint sensor beneath its camera module at the rear, offering advanced security features. It has a hybrid dual micro + nano SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE networks.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- User Interface: MIUI 8.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 151 * 76 * 8.45 mm.
- Weight: 175g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: n/a
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: 2.5D Curved Glass.
- Colours: Lake Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 625 14nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Infrared sensor.
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX258/Samsung S5K3L8 sensor.
- Lens: 5MP.
- LED Flash: n/a
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: September 2016.
- Availability: September 2016.
How much is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Lake Blue Edition in India?
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Lake Blue Edition will be made available in 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and will cost Rs. 12,999 when it starts selling on Mi.com, Flipkart and Mi Home Stores at noon on the 4th of September.